M35x Newbie Impressions

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
momsm35x
Car: 2006 M35x

Posting for my better half...who has had her M for a week (liquid plat') and just returned from a round trip from our Chicago suburb to Peoria (highways and 2 lane corn field splitters) with the following impressions.

Loves the room, performance and handling.Ride not a nice as her GS300 (was)Seats hard to get comfortable in (vertically challenged)Voice command niceGreat bug catching below the grillMPG poor (better with more miles?)

My questions..Has anyone seen a front plate holder tha uses the tow threads?

Would you recommend a clear bra for below the grill and mirrors?

Seems like a great forum, hope to keep in touch

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Welcome aboard!!!

You definitely picked a winner. Front plate holder, I'd bet, is available from the dealer (or one of our sponsor dealers here).

Definite on the clear bra - Well worth the $400-$500 investment, get the "deluxe" one (mirrors, hood, headlights, bumper, fenders).

Glad to have you aboard, eager to see some pics and more impressions of the new ride!!!

Jesda

Welcome, and show us the M!

Sounds like the perfect place for an AWD car.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

momsm35x wrote:Posting for my better half...who has had her M for a week (liquid plat') and just returned from a round trip from our Chicago suburb to Peoria (highways and 2 lane corn field splitters) with the following impressions.
Welcome to NICO! Nice color for sure.
momsm35x wrote:Loves the room, performance and handling.
Yep! Definitely a superior car for the money.
momsm35x wrote:Ride not a nice as her GS300 (was)
Also true. The handling enhancements make it a bit of a stiffer ride compared to other cars in that segment.
momsm35x wrote:Great bug catching below the grill
ROFL ... yeah.
momsm35x wrote:MPG poor (better with more miles?)
Yes, this should definitely improve over time! Please see some of the mileage threads.
momsm35x wrote:Has anyone seen a front plate holder tha uses the tow threads?
I have to admit I have no idea. I really dislike the fact that the dealer had to drill holes in the bumper to attach the plate. Somebody backed into me some time back (low speed fortunately), and I have had to deal with a bit of a plate attachment problem since then.
momsm35x wrote:Would you recommend a clear bra for below the grill and mirrors?
The products from http://www.stongard.com are expensive, but very nice, from what I understand! I am not sure if they have released a version for the 2006 M yet ... it would be worth calling them if it is not on their web site.

Whether I would recommend one depends on you really. If you dislike the dings and dents from rocks, then it is worth getting one.

Note that if you use a regular cloth bra (not the clear "permanent" ones), this means regular removal and cleaning to avoid having scratches in the paint from the vibration of the cloth (traps dust) in the wind.
momsm35x wrote:Seems like a great forum, hope to keep in touch
Good!

Z

momsm35x

Thanks for the info, took a closer look a the tow threads and they seem to be the same size and my G35 coupe which I out the bracket in from Stillen, but the M35's off center???????

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

szhosain wrote:The products from http://www.stongard.com are expensive, but very nice, from what I understand! I am not sure if they have released a version for the 2006 M yet ... it would be worth calling them if it is not on their web site.
I just checked their web site ... they do indeed have one for the new M. Includes side-mirror protection, etc.

Good Stuff™!

Z

momsm35x

Thx I'll start looking for an installer and get some pics once we scape the bugs off!

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”