m35 w/tech pkg need tunes

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
mazz
Car: 2013 M37x Advance, Tech Touring and Premium, Black with Stone Interior

need to find a source for music cd in 5.1 format for dvd cd player under arm rest nobody has stock in my areaneed an on line site to pick up some pink floyd or similar vintage stuff?

fboswo
Car: 2006 m35x

Try half.com they do have Pink Floyd. Look under movies you will find it.

mazz
Car: 2013 M37x Advance, Tech Touring and Premium, Black with Stone Interior

are these called dvd or cd ? Dont need moviesi am looking for music in 5.1 format like the stunning infiniti cd supplied with car what identifies these discs as having the same music qualities as test disc with car?thanks for help i am new at collecting in this format

fboswo
Car: 2006 m35x

They are movie dvd but they play really great. I do not know it they make cds in that format. I have purchased a couple of movie dvds and play them as I would a cd. They are awesome. They need to play in the dvd player.

meatwhistle

You can buy online at samgoody.com. I'm not sure if SACD's work too but http://www.superaudio-cd.com has some good info.

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

I've been playing with the Super Audio CD (SACD) and it doesnt play like a DVD Audio in the M car. The Bose centre point will trick you into thinking its something better than standard audio, but when you turn that off, the 5.1 like sound goes away.

When you use a true DVD-A, and have centre point off - it will still play 5.1 sound.

I've only quickly tried a few discs, but it does seem pretty clear that centre point is doing the work.

I would suggest staying away from SACD if you are trying to get the 5.1 experance. They play fine as a standard CD but why spend the extra cash for that.

DVD-A you can google and find tons of places that sell it depending on what part of the world/contry you will find some ont that ships to you.

tk

meatwhistle

Very excited as Tuesday I pick up my M35X with Journey, Tech and Sirius. Stopped at Tower Records and grabber U2 Vertigo DVD Live and The Police Syncronicity Concert. $14.99 each. Not bad for a movie too. I just wanted to make sure I had something to crank for my first ride home. That is, after I listen to the purr of the exhaust for a few minutes!

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

SACDs won't play in our 5.1 system. Your looking for DVD-Audio.Try amazon.com at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obi...53508

Or DVD Empire at http://www.dvdempire.com/html/....html

I haven't found a great deal to pick from. There's little new material (which makes me concerned about how great our 5.1 system will be used). Most DVD-A is remastered live concerts and past major releases from major artists. Such as the Eagles "Hotel California" and Pink Floyd's "Dark Side Of The Moon". I have 10 disks so far but I know of about 5 more that I'd really like to have. I'm disappointed with the lack of new material though.

Yes, you can play regular DVD concert disks. I'm listening to Rush "Live In Rio" today. But to really get the real 5.1 experience, you need to get some DVD-Audio disks. Hope that helped.

BlackBourbon
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35x

Also FWIW, from my research of concert DVDs, most DVD video disks of concerts out today are stereo audio, not 5.1 surround. Check the label on the back of the DVD. If it doesn't have any indication of Surround Sound...such as the small box outline with the 5 squares indicating room speaker positions, it is probably only stereo sound.

Different people enjoy audio differently, but I personally was disappointed by the lack of 5.1 audio on DVD Video concert disks.

And, you may also find some current and popular artists who have released 'DualDisc' versions of their audio CDs. These are disks that on one side have the original stereo recording, but on the other side, contain an 'enhanced stereo' audio, 5.1 surround, video footage, or documentaries, etc. http://www.dualdisc.com has more info in their FAQ section.

One last thing, watch out on those Dual Disc releases, some have remixed the audio and have done things like added instruments, etc to the 'enhanced' side. I purchased the DualDisc of Bon Jovi's 'Slippery When Wet' (I'm a victim of young adulthood in the '80s) and it was remixed to sound much different than the original. I was completely disappointed with that particular disc.

-Tom

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

BlackBourbon wrote: most DVD video disks of concerts out today are stereo audio, not 5.1 surround. .......... -Tom
And the concert DVDs I have so far are 5.1 (with an optional 2-ch) but doesn't always prove to be all that. Usually, the surround speakers just have a great deal of crowd noise to the point of making me turn down the surround. For example, the Rush In Rio DVD (cover art used for my avatar) has a terrible surround mix. The crowd in the stadium sings along with the songs to the point of distraction and enjoyment of the concert.

So yes, you can play the concert DVDs in our 5.1 equipped Ms but you'll enjoy the DVD-Audio disks much better. My favorite live DVD-Audio so far (12 disks) is Don Grusin's "The Hang" if you're into modern jazz.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”