M35 vs. E350

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
jsimon77

Trying to decide between these 2 cars. The lease on the E350 is only a few bucks more a month and the sticker is over 8k more.

Thoughts?

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

jsimon77 wrote:Trying to decide between these 2 cars. The lease on the E350 is only a few bucks more a month and the sticker is over 8k more.

Thoughts?
There are threads that might be helpful for you to go through:

zerothread?id=198233http://forums.nicoc ... ?id=173994

One of them has links to other discussions.

Z

Wey
Car: Infiniti M35x 2007

I tried them both on the same day 2 months ago, and now I own a M35x. I chose M35x for the drive, techy stuff, price and AWD. E350 is a good car, but it just wasn't my cup of tea (more later). Putting AWD aside, M35 & E350 are very different cars.

Major differences (E vs M):1) E350 is a front wheel drive and M35 is a rear wheel drive. When compared to a RWD, FWD is better on slippery roads but RWD handles better on dry roads (most sport cars are RWD, if not all). You may even get away without winter tires with E340 (depends on the amount of snow you get). M35 will need winter tires. 2) E350 is geared for a family type of car, great for comfort, no jerky (ie slow and smooth) acceleration, soft ride so that your baby can sleep through the trip, whereas M35 is geared towards the drivers. M35 does have a great interior (largest interior volume of its class) and very comfortable for passengers especially if they are over 6ft tall. 3) E350 save more gas (better if you frequently have a full load), but whether it is important for you depends on how much you drive.4) You can get a car as good as a GS350 (if not better) for the price of E350 in M35. 5) M35 has more available options than E350. M35: lane departure warning, DVD audio and movie, 12-speakers, bird-eye view navigation, best rear-view camera with visual parking assist etc. 6) Lexus is a well established brand in N America, to many buyers, brand is important. Having said that, infiniti will do anything (much better deal) to get ahead, M35 is as reliable as Lexus from Consumer Reports.

Minor differences:Well, there are many, very subjective and its a matter of personal taste. For example, I thought the Rosewood trim in M35 is classy, but you may find it offensive. I also hate driving a car that is so common! E350 is way too common! As I said, this is very personal.

Conclusion:E350 has a different target buyer from M35, it should not be a difficult choice once you know why you want to the car for.GS350 would be a better competitor for M35 in term of engine, suspension and design, as well as the target buyers.

Good luck.

Wey

Wey
Car: Infiniti M35x 2007

My mistake: I thought you meant Lexus ES350, you ARE talking about MB E350, ain't you? Sorry.

Tried MB E350 as well, a great car, entry level MB, big trunk, I didn't like the interior, not as well equipped as M35 for the price. Poor reliability, but hey, Mercedes is a dream car for many. It is designed more for comfort (like Lexus ES350)

If you have the cash, get a fully loaded Lexus, which has the name and the reliability, and similar comfort level.

Wey

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Nice review. Thanks!

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”