M35 speaker harness compatibility

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Tobiascolins
Car: 2007 Infiniti m35x

So my Infiniti does not have the speakers in the front seats. But I found a guy who has a front seat that is in better condition than mine and I'm hoping to buy it. The difference is that his interior has the speakers in the seat. Has anyone messed with these? Is there a way to easily plug that seat harness j to my existing harness shirt of me connecting the wires myself? I do know that the other vehicle does not have a DVD system because there isn't a drop down screen in the headliner. So apparently it's just a few extra speakers. This is my first Infiniti so I'm just getting familiar with them. By the way, if anyone has any seats that are the bourbon color that you would like to sell, let me know. Thanks!

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

You can try to look at the FSM (in my signature) for the schematics, but I don't know if this would work.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

The models with seat speakers, as you know, have an upgraded Bose surround system. I reckon you can run the wires from the seat speakers to one of the existing speaker lines, but it won't perform properly because your radio doesn't have the surround amplifier and soundstage capability. It will just add extra sound form the seats at similar volume to the rest of the speakers at best. Those with DVD capability use the player inside the center console. If your car has no player in the console, you don't have DVD capability. That's not to say you should pass on having bourbon seats in better condition! Those are rare and you might want to buy them just to have them.

Tobiascolins
Car: 2007 Infiniti m35x

Ok,thanks. My car does have a Bose system but apparently the cars with this type of setup have additional options. I was curious as to whether the harness may be the same and there are just additional connectors not being used in different places like in the center console for example. I found an M35 locally and it has a dvd setup. I was thinking about taking the console apart to see if the option to connect it was included in the harness. Like maybe they used the same harness for all of the similar M35's. Just wondered if anyone knew for sure. I'll probably take the console apart and see for myself. But yes, I realize wiring those into my existing system probably wont provide optimal performance. But I will still get the seats. I can't seem to find any anywhere else. Thanks for the response. I've worked on cars for years as a mechanic in the past as well as bodywork, etc. so I know my way around but these Infiniti's are new to me. So any input is appreciated!

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”