m35 rain sensor missing?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
hiluxrunner
Car: 2008 M35 Sport

I bought this car recently and the INT wipers work all of the time even when not raining. I searched and it says the sensor is on the windsheild but on mine i found a loose wire with no sensor. I also have the cut out on windshield for Lane Departure feature which i dont have. Im curious on where the sesnor is supposed to be installed on the glass or if i even have the correct windshield. If anyone has or can take a picture of your rain sensor installed that would be helpful. I have attached a picture of my windshield.Image

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

First, please edit your profile so the model and year are included.

The lane departure camera is part of the dome light assembly and it has a small cam built into it that aims through that cut out on the windscreen. Your dome light assembly doesn't appear to have the camera and should not have the cut out either.
That IS the plug for rain sense wipers (it's part of the mirror wiring) that connects it to your car and you should not have that mirror with the extra wire unless your car DID have this feature. My previous M did not have rain sense and the mirror did not have that plug.

Here is what I suspect:
1) your car does not have either of these features but the the windscreen and mirror were replaced with the parts for a car that did have these features.

OR

2) You do have rain the sense wiper feature and the correct mirror with the extra wire, but when they replaced the windscreen, they did not install a new sensor onto the new windscreen (maybe to save money on the repair).
Once that rain sense gizmo is removed from the windscreen, it is NOT reusable and a new unit must be installed (which is not cheap).

The sensor has a little lens that can be seen from outside just to the left of the rear view mirror. It is mounted against the inside of the windscreen and must be replaced if the windscreen is replaced.
There is a plastic cover that pops off to reveal the actual sensor and the plug that powers it. This plastic cover is different from mirrors without this wire and it hides BOTH the mirror wire and the rain sense wire.
I suggest you do a little research on the car to see if the windscreen was replaced and also if the dome light assembly was replaced with the part for cars without lane departure.

hiluxrunner

Thanks for this information. I have the 2008 M35 Sport and looking at your pictures it looks like somone installed the wrong windshield and just removed the rain sensor since there was no cutout on the windshield for it. I may or maynot get this fixed just would be nice to have a standard delay rather than rain delay.

hiluxrunner

Verified from my windshield guy i have the wrong glass. The new glass comes with a braket and gel pad for the sensor. So if i want this installed again I would need to buy the sensor and the cover. Might just deal with the HI/LO/MIST options and some rainx

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

On my Escalade, if you unpluged the sensor and you could use the full range of intermittent settings. Unfortunately on the M series, if you unplug the sensor, you loose all the intermittent functions and it reverts back to low speed and high speed only.

hiluxrunner

Yup. Wish it was like the escalade and I would do without. In the meantime in a light rain it is RAINX and the mist option on wipers.

LeeDr
Car: 2014 Infiniti QX60

If it's like our Infiniti QX60 read this post6852811.html#p6852811

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”