M35 motor mount bad?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
SeveLampley
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35-k23 silver, 5 stage paint correction, 2 ceramic coats, full bolt on, uprev tuned, d&s rotors, hawks hs1 pads, dot 5.1 steel lines

Hi, I just purchased a 2007 Infiniti m35 120k miles. When ever it’s driving it viberates a little. This is constant and a little noisy if I really get on the throttle. It is far more rough and noisier than my 2008 m35x was. I’m inclined to say it is a motor mount but I have not found anyone or anything on the internet pointing to that. If it is motor mount, what would I have to do to diagnose which one it is and how would I go about changing it myself.

FiShEyEz
Car: 2008 Infiniti M35 S

seve,

The quickest way to see if motor mounts are worn is to rev the motor while it is in park. For this, you’ll need two people: one to rev and one to look at the motor. If the mounts are bad, generally you will see the motor shift. With new or good mounts, the motor should not move at all.

In addition, you need to ask yourself about the vibration. Is it felt in the entirety of the vehicle? Ie: floor, dash, steering wheel. Chances are, it’s your mounts.
Hope that helps.

SeveLampley
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35-k23 silver, 5 stage paint correction, 2 ceramic coats, full bolt on, uprev tuned, d&s rotors, hawks hs1 pads, dot 5.1 steel lines

FiShEyEz wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:31 am
seve,

The quickest way to see if motor mounts are worn is to rev the motor while it is in park. For this, you’ll need two people: one to rev and one to look at the motor. If the mounts are bad, generally you will see the motor shift. With new or good mounts, the motor should not move at all.

In addition, you need to ask yourself about the vibration. Is it felt in the entirety of the vehicle? Ie: floor, dash, steering wheel. Chances are, it’s your mounts.
Hope that helps.
Yea it is in the whole vehicle, when ever it goes up in Rpms it kinda sounds it has an exaust on it, deff not like an m35 should sound and feel, and if the motor shifts one way, does it mean it’s that side that’s bad or the opposite not securing it properly, also, when driving in first or coming to a stop, it squeaks in the front, so I’m thinking it has to be some sort of mount for the motor/trans.

FiShEyEz

Seve

Keep in mind that the motor only spins in once direction so it will not necessarily move in the direction of the bad mount. If there is any play in a mount, it will reflect in the movement of the engine.
Isolating the mounts will likely be done with a physical inspection. Look for cracks in the rubber. Mounts are generally filled with a lubricant or grease so look for moisture or caked on dirt as well.

If you’re feeling vibration through the entire car, I’m almost 100% certain that your mounts need service.

SeveLampley

FiShEyEz wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:17 am
Seve

Keep in mind that the motor only spins in once direction so it will not necessarily move in the direction of the bad mount. If there is any play in a mount, it will reflect in the movement of the engine.
Isolating the mounts will likely be done with a physical inspection. Look for cracks in the rubber. Mounts are generally filled with a lubricant or grease so look for moisture or caked on dirt as well.

If you’re feeling vibration through the entire car, I’m almost 100% certain that your mounts need service.
Jacked the car up today and took a look at them. They don’t look terrible, had a friend shift through P, R, D; nothing glaringly wrong with them, however, the driver side one looks like it had a deposit of grease and dirt under the rubber flap, so if one is bad, it’s that one, another question stems from that. If my mount is bad, would a g35 mount work? The M mounts are 150$ a piece bare minimum, the G is 40 for 2. On top of that, I can’t find this part on most autopart stores website and there only two listings on amazon for it. Find it a bit odd that the only mount that’s different on the 35 Infiniti’s is the M. They look the exact same, so am I crazy for thinking the parts are interchangeable? 2007 M35 rwd
The “m” mount’s part number: 11220-EG001
The “G” mount’s part number: 11220-CG110

FiShEyEz

Seve

https://images.app.goo.gl/siTeTSeHKmNyoLHf8

https://images.app.goo.gl/K2Ro6b3iTBqqZnDX7

The motors mounts may be different from the G because of the chassis differentiation. The G is more compact. Sources appear to be scarce in this category so verify Base, Sport, or X if you need to contact a seller.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”