M35 Exhaust Options

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
kvotava
Car: Has any one had any problems finding an exhaust system for their 2007 M35X? Also has anyone dealt with Stillen performance products?

Anyone use Stillen products for your exhaust system? Having hard time locating a Cat-Back system for a 2007 M35. Surprised the exhaust pipe rotted out.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Welcome to the forum.

Stillen is a highly trusted brand. Google is full of reviews for them.

kvotava
Car: Has any one had any problems finding an exhaust system for their 2007 M35X? Also has anyone dealt with Stillen performance products?

Thanks for the tip!

GQM45s
Car: 2008 Infiniti M45 Sport Tech Pkg, Advance Tech Pkg, Mobile Entertainment Pkg

i love my Megan exahust, you should check it out, OEM look with a awesome sound! Thats why i got it.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I like the sound of Megans, but at the time I was getting mine done, none could be found. I went with Tanabe. It sounds brilliant! Slightly deeper than the Megans and a single 3 1/2 outlet on each side and only noticeable in the cabin to the degree that it sounds great, not loud. But when you give it the beans, it gets louder and roars.

kvotava

Thanks I appreciate the info! I do like the double pipes better than the single!

GQM45s
Car: 2008 Infiniti M45 Sport Tech Pkg, Advance Tech Pkg, Mobile Entertainment Pkg

yomoms16
Car: infinity m35 x

I just picked up a megan mid pipe. Along with the burnt tip mufflers. They only have a few in stock. You should get them asap. If ur serious. Cause those babies are hard to come by

bakili
Car: 2006 M35 Sport

Hey guys, are those legal in California? Is keeping cats and installing megan keeps it legal and does anything positive for performance?

Wangtang408
Car: 2006 M35

bakili wrote:Hey guys, are those legal in California? Is keeping cats and installing megan keeps it legal and does anything positive for performance?
Yea they legal in CA, just don't mess with the cats and you'll be fine.

Megan the only bolt on exhaust with quad tips for our car, I don't like their tips so I'm going custom, muffler delete + 3.5" tips next week.

bakili

Wangtang408 wrote:
bakili wrote:Hey guys, are those legal in California? Is keeping cats and installing megan keeps it legal and does anything positive for performance?
Yea they legal in CA, just don't mess with the cats and you'll be fine.

Megan the only bolt on exhaust with quad tips for our car, I don't like their tips so I'm going custom, muffler delete + 3.5" tips next week.
So let me get this straight. Besides just having cooler sound (stock is nice to begin with imho), by installing megans I do get at least slight improvement with HP or at least it feels like it?

I am literally in the process for signing paperwork to get 2006 M35 with 89K on it, which from what I have checked is in a very nice condition. Right away I wanna keep it simple, legal in CA and add a tad bit of pizazz. Like:

1) Putting new set of NGK Laser Platinum spark plugs
2) Changing to Z-tube and dropping in K&N
3) Motordyne Plenum
4) Megans axle back exhaust + ?mid pipes + ?Y pipe + ?HFC
5) Is it worth tuning? What about UpRev?

Now I'm not sure about the point 4. Should I do just axle back, should I do mid pipes/y pipe/HFC as well? I don't want it to be a money pit. It's a daily driver. Should I even drop that much money in exhaust? I just want it to pull and as be peppy as (or a bit more) my friends 06 G35. On a test drive it seemed a bit sluggish comparing to G35. Any wisdom would be appreciated :D

Wangtang408
Car: 2006 M35

Get the axle back first. If you want more you can always add mid pipe later.
The 5 points listed is a good start.

Markc
Car: 2008 m35x
2005 infiniti G35

M35 will feel a bit sluggish compared to a G35 because it is. It weighs more and has a little less HP & Torque, (06 - 08 M compared to 05 - 06 G).
I own a 2005 G with Sport package and a plain Jane 2008 M for reference.

bakili

Markc wrote:M35 will feel a bit sluggish compared to a G35 because it is. It weighs more and has a little less HP & Torque, (06 - 08 M compared to 05 - 06 G).
I own a 2005 G with Sport package and a plain Jane 2008 M for reference.
So I have finally gotten my car from dealer and did turn part of my plan into reality. Changed all spark plugs (first time in 89k I'm assuming) to the oem ngk laser platinum, installed ztube, dropped in K&N and added Megan axle back. I actually got burned tips instead of regular because they were out of stock at redline and they offered a discount on burned tips ($413) shipped to CA. It looks better than I thought and sounds as great as I expected it to.

I really like Megan axle back because its tone is similar to already a pleasant infiniti original sound. Now it just sounds more mature when the car sprints. Tomorrow hopefully if car gods are nice, I'll successfully install plenum spacer and then see how the car behaves. But already now the half a second of sluggishness and indecisiveness are gone. It bothered me that the car had noticeable asthma. Now It feels as peppy as my friends G! Going to make oil change after all of this, choosing royal purple. Next step full wash, detail, polish and wax. You'll see pics, video and me blabbering from happiness in my intro post as a new owner of this super fun and elegant M machine :)

steve_c
Car: 06 M35x

You will like those Megan's even more after they break in! Keep us posted on the plenum chamber spacer install. I've got my plenum apart to repair injector wiring. I am thinking about installing a plenum spacer while at it.

Markc
Car: 2008 m35x
2005 infiniti G35

Do it! The Motordyne spacer makes a nice improvement on the VQ35DE.

eyedeekay
Car: 2006 Infiniti m35

Have not seen any videos or info of this setup but Ebay has a Megan racing cat-back "copy" which includes mid-pipe and axle-back. Together the whole setup is $300-400 cheaper than the genuine Megan exhaust, but they are identical. Thought I post here for anyone interested of how it sounds. My setup by the way is:

2006 Infiniti m35
Ebay Oil Catch Can
Z-Tube
Blox Plenum Spacer 5/16
Megan Racing Resonated Test-pipes
Megan Racing "Copy" Y-pipe
Megan Racing "Copy" Cat-back

In-terms of drivability it's not bad, the drone is very minimal considering its full exhaust and testpipes. Plus it sounds real good especially on throttle :yesnod

Ebay copy: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Axle-Back-Exha ... 2749.l2649

Here are videos of my setup with cold and warm start and revs:

Cold Start

Warm Start/Revs

LIBRILZ
Car: 1990 Nissan 300zx
2007 M45 Sport

I feel like this and the Megan are the same exhaust except one says Megan racing on it and the other does not. My gut tells me that is the case...You can get the axle-back for around 230 shipped.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”