M35 Crash Test Results

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Edong t5
Car: M45

Audi A6, Infiniti M35 impresses experts in crash testing

The insurance industry in the United States released their ratings in frontal and side impact crash tests on Sunday. And two large luxury automobiles available in the market took away the honors. The 2005 Audi A6 and the 2006 Infiniti M35 were the stars of the show as they earned good ratings in both tests conducted by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.

The new A6 is a redesigned model over the original model released in 1999. It received an acceptable rating, which is the second best rating from the institute. The institute’s chief operating officer Adrian Lund spoke about this model from the Audi: “All measures of injury likelihood in the side impact were low. The structural performance was good and so was head protection.” This model has a base price of $42,620 and it impressed in the side impact tests.

The 2006 Infiniti M35 starts at $ 40,640 and it received overall good performance in front and side crash tests and low injury measures. This vehicle comes loaded with standard side air bags, which are designed to protect the torsos of front seat occupants. It also shone in the test for side-impact protection.

Both Audi and Nissan had requested these tests to be undertaken on their vehicles. And the institutes carry them out provided the automobile companies manage the costing of vehicles used in the testing procedure. The institute has further plans to test out more vehicles in the coming days.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Edong t5,

You are doing a fabulous job of finding information about the M35 and M45! It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!!

Z

larry.contrisciano
Car: Infiniti M35 sport 06' and Acura TL 04'

Thanks for posting this. As far as safety records go, Audi is very good company to be in. No doubt, Infiniti exec's are sitting somewhere figuring out how to do a mid year revamp on the car, so they can increase the price. I vote they add, automatic locking doors when you put it in drive, and (2) power folding outside mirrors, and (3) fold down rear seats....

As an aside, I just got my new auto insurance rates for the change from the A6 to the M35 and they were also identical. Good stuff.

Edong t5
Car: M45

szhosain wrote:Edong t5,

You are doing a fabulous job of finding information about the M35 and M45! It is greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!!

Z
Thanks bro'. I have kids so knowing the M did well on the crash test is always a plus on my list. Just reassuring everyone we are in a safe car.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”