M30 Want to get her running. Fuel problem.

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
Topless_z
Car: Infiniti m30

First off I have an Infiniti M30. It's beautiful and I really want to drive it. I just can't figure out the problem.

So the car drove to my house when bought it and needed a battery. Now I have a battery and fooled the anti theft to allow it to turn over. The car will run and start with starter fluid. It has fuel going thru the fuel filter ( pulled the hose to figure that out), it has spark, compression sounds good. I would just like to know why it won't stay running.

I think there is an issue with injectors or fuel rail. Where do I start? Are there any fuses or relays I can check??

Please please help.

vonscorpio
Car: Current:
15 Q50S
91 M30
Past:
16 QX50
11 G25x RIP
97 I30 RIP
01 QX4
11 G37 Sedan
07 Maxima

Welcome Topless_z (like the user name by the way...)
As a fellow M30 owner, I have noted the rarity of this vehicle makes parts and answers hard to find. However, there are users on here which have helped me tremendously.

There are others on here better versed in the details of the anti-theft side of things, but it is possible that is stopping the injectors.
Can you describe in greater detail what is (or isn't) going on?

GerryO
Car: 1993 J30t
Pearl White
Black Interior

Check for vacuum leaks.

Losangelesmr2
Car: Infiniti j30

either injector fuse or your harness that the coils connect to are disconnected its PRETTY simple I have to admit I actually ran a 12 volt from my battery to the connection and it worked perfectly lol its that simple BUT

heres what you do first disconnect a spark plug

turn the motor over and ask someone to smell while you turn it over if you got fuel youre good.

If not then you need to check that your injectors are getting a pulse.

Next the spark plug coils harness connects to a connector from the firewall. check that it is getting 12 volts if not just run a 12 volt guaranteed the car will start sparking if you run it I guarantee it. Its just that it doesnt look nice but it does run

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”