M30 Fuel Injector Hold Down

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
DeltaEmber

Hey everyone, I'm brand new to the forum, but back in July I ended up buying a '92 Infiniti M30 convertible with less than 50,000 miles on it (picture below), and the fuel injectors have all been replaced by the previous owner because of the recall, but now I've got a leak in one of them. I bought myself a new fuel injector and as the guy at the auto shop was going to replace it, he found the hold down for it was cracked as well. I'm not sure quite if that's exactly what it's called, since this was the first car I've ever bought, but if I'm correct, it's the metal clamp around the injector with the two screws on either side.

I haven't been able to find any online, and I haven't went to a junk yard yet. Does anyone here either know where I can get one, or be willing to part with a spare one? I'd hate for the car to be unused.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Welcome to NICO!

Do the covers look like the ones here?

If so, you can find them in the junkyard on most 90s fuel injected Nissans. Definitely on 240sxs, Altimas, 300zx, etc.

DeltaEmber

Thanks!

Similar but just different enough, if I'm correct on what the mechanic was talking about, this is at least a picture of what it looks like. I can't get anymore pictures as it's at the shop, but I believe that's what he was talking about.

DeltaEmber

Ok, so I found out that the fuel injector I did buy just did not come with it, I got the cheapest one there was, I'm returning it and getting a higher quality one that should have it, at least that's what the sales people at Rock Auto said. Either way, I've got to wait till monday to get the part.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

That sucks!

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”