LT1/LS1 s13 240sx swap...

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
Squigglez

So you see ls1 240's, why not lt1's? I know they're a heavier, slower motor, but for the price why don't people swap them? Do the dimensions make it too difficult?

On another note, What are some other do-able v8's to swap into an s13? And what are some price ranges of people who have completed the swap?

I'm really curious as to if this is a doable project for me... I've built a KA-T s13, now I want something more exotic. I found a pretty good deal on a shell, and based on the money it would take to swap in a v8, I'm considering the idea.

Educate me NICO Club!!!!

RCA

Welcome to NICO

ALWAYS BEFORE STARTING A THREAD

I searched "LT1 240sx" on google and this is what I got...http://www.google.com/search?h...f&oq=Also note:Results 1 - 10 of about 22,300 for LT1 240sx (0.25 seconds)

It took me .25 seconds to find 22,300 links for this topic.

Next time try to educate yourself

OutToWinPAHC
Car: 2015 Silverado, R33 GTST, R32 GTR, RB20 E46 RHD, 2015 Harley Vrod Muscle, 1990 Nissan Patrol

Yes you should search better

maik21
Car: 240sx Coupe 5.0 90

$550 efi engine...$80 used carb$250 intake$40 distributor$ custom exhaust i dont know how much .. i paid $20 for a headers and then i mod them. $6 for some tube exhaust.$200 for a used t5 tranny$10 oil pan... then u need to mod it..$ free for me because i did it.$ tranny mount free because same as before.$50 radiator$120 alternator 130amp$15 serpentine belt.$15 timming chaing gaskets.$25 intake and exhaust gaskets...$15 used crown victoria driveshaft...$15 cut and paste crown victoria with s13 driveshaft..........

maybe its so much but i did it since 2004 so last time only an engine, radiator, alternator setup was paid.

90gtpony
Car: 93 240sx hatchback

hate to bring a thread back from the dead but i cant figure out how to pm.

I am wanting to put a 308 in a 240 i just acquired and i would like to talk to you about this swap. i was wondering how you got the engine mounted in. Was there a swap kit?

Z28ricer
Car: Cars

90gtpony wrote:hate to bring a thread back from the dead but i cant figure out how to pm.

I am wanting to put a 308 in a 240 i just acquired and i would like to talk to you about this swap. i was wondering how you got the engine mounted in. Was there a swap kit?
Yes there was a swap kit.

It looks like this :

540sx
Car: 240SX

you forgot the grinder, sawzall and hammer. and possibly a measuring tape

bleakdragonmage

Bullet level, plum bob, micrometer, and the angle degree gauge thing(cant remember the name, but i used it to set the degree pitch on my motor.)

Not to mention permenant marker, cardboard(i used this for mount fabrication) box cutter, vodka, etc etc

540sx
Car: 240SX

obviously not all you need. but i like the vodka. I actually only drank once while working on my car. too afraid that I would forget something important or do something stupid while cutting and welding.

I eyeballed my alignment of motor with diff.centered it in the engine bay , dropped it as low as I could and then set the sideto side alingment by eye(got under the car and used physical markers off the subframe and centerd the tailhousing in the tunnel.

put in the drive shaft and set it so that I could barely tell that the driveshaft sloped down from the tailhousing to diff. so it is with in 1-5 degrees. I know 1-3 or something is ideal. however I have no vibration at 110 mph fastest gone so far.

bleakdragonmage

450SX! wrote:obviously not all you need. but i like the vodka. I actually only drank once while working on my car. too afraid that I would forget something important or do something stupid while cutting and welding.

I eyeballed my alignment of motor with diff.centered it in the engine bay , dropped it as low as I could and then set the sideto side alingment by eye(got under the car and used physical markers off the subframe and centerd the tailhousing in the tunnel.

put in the drive shaft and set it so that I could barely tell that the driveshaft sloped down from the tailhousing to diff. so it is with in 1-5 degrees. I know 1-3 or something is ideal. however I have no vibration at 110 mph fastest gone so far.
Yea, me and my friend normally drink while we work...And when we get drunk we get to call it a day lol.

Return to “Hybrids”