ls1 into s13

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
MR.C
Car: 1990 nissan 240sx 1995 accord

im a nooob and i was thinking to do an engine swap in my s13 a friend told me to go with ls1 has any one doneiti tell me what do i need for the swap.

neverlift

lame first post....

this is the kat forum.

you will need rather large pockets for an ls1 swap. 20k should cover it, without any fancy stuff. Unless you have better resources than most...

cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

neverlift wrote:lame first post....

this is the kat forum.

you will need rather large pockets for an ls1 swap. 20k should cover it, without any fancy stuff. Unless you have better resources than most...
Your post isn't completely lacking in the lame dept. either...

Not sure where you came up with $20k unless you're including chassis, wheels, suspension, etc., etc.

I did an LS1/T56 swap w/ a standalone, Carbon Fiber Driveshaft, LT Headers, full stainless exhaust, intake, etc. for under $10k...3 years ago. Prices have only come down...and I don't have better resources than most. LS1tech.com and ebay are about the only resources one really needs to acquire parts. And, hopefully Streetelite.net one day will carry it all in one place.

thornberry
Car: 92 s13 vert.

neverlift wrote:20k should cover it, without any fancy stuff. Unless you have better resources than most...
I agree with cnichols, all you need is around 5-6k, and thats covering all the bases, (now if you want to build the engine you will have to expand on that price a lil lol.) the most you will spend on a certain item would be the tranny cause you can get a 5.3 with all the accesories for about $300-$500.

Return to “Hybrids”