Lowering my versa

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
jeffryalonso
Car: Versa

Hi everyone,

I really want to lower my Nissan Versa Sedan 2011, but I don't have money to buy coilovers. So my option is the lowering springs. I would like to lower my car about 2" inches.
I would like photos of your cars with lowering springs please.

1. What brand are your springs?
2. Does your springs brings a confortable ridding?
3. How many inches does your springs lower your car?.
4. Does the original struts still working fine?

I really would like to see your lowering rides :D :crazy:

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hey, welcome to the Forums! I have an '11 Versa, but it's still all stock. Hopefully someone with experience on their lowered Versa will comment.

I have heard good things about the tanabe springs. I like Eibach brand myself. Tien S-techs are out there, but I read mixed reviews. Someone did some H & R springs and it honestly looked to similar to stock to me.

I think if you lose 2 inches of travel, you make it up with a stiffer spring. Stiffer, means a bit more harsh. That will work your valves in the dampers a bit more. Oem is pretty tough in my experience, so you'd be good for a while. Good coilovers will match the damping to the spring rate.

A lot of this is all relative though. A harsh ride for me might be a cozy soft ride for you. Personal taste and willingness to compromise are up to you.

PS - did you get your airbag replaced?

jeffryalonso
Car: Versa

I really want to hear someone experienced in this topic because, unfortunately I cannot afford coilovers. So I would like to know what is the best option in Springs.
I don't want my struts to damage be damaged. And I also want to see your versas lowering

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Did you ever find some photos and experience? You could buy me some springs and I'll take photos so you can see my wife's Versa lowering! Or put them on your car and post a photo. Either can work. Good luck with getting your finances in order. I think you'll enjoy spending some money on your ride.

Basin Motorsports
Car: 2011 Nissan Versa S Hatchback

I used Tanabe springs on my 2009 with the OEM struts/shocks. No ride issues and it was lowered about 1.5". Search for Project:MEEP either here on NICOclub, or I have a bunch of video on my YouTube page in my signature. MEEP was also in Modified and Super Street magazines in 2011 if you can find that in the inernet also.

Return to “Versa General Chat”