Lowering my car. Need some advice!

All things Altima Coupe.
austin8993
Car: 2011 Nissan Altima 2.5S Coupe

Hey yall I am buying lowering springs this month since I can not afford to go ahead and get coilovers. I am buying the Vogtland springs that lower it 1.4" front and back. The 19" rims I put on there stick out just far enough to be even with the side of the car so it sits nice but my concern is if I lower it, Im scared that if I hit a good bump my tires with knock and scrub the bottom of my fenders. Is there any kind of part I can add to my suspension (sway bar or roll bar) that would decrease the flexibility of how high that actually come up?? Cause if so, I dont mind buying that with it as well. Please help?

austin8993

anyone got any help???

leaton10
Car: 2008 Altima Manual Coupe

I have a set of lowering springs available cheap. They are fine and lower about 1.5 or so inches.
I bought my 08 beginning of the year used and it had been lowered by a previous owner.
It was inconvenient for me where I live, as I have a large drainage bump where my driveway meets the street
and needed the extra clearance, so bought a used set of stock springs from another user on this site.
It didn't completely fix the problem, but I can come into my driveway at the right angle and I'm OK now.
Anyway - I'd let the lowering springs go cheap - say $25 plus shipping. They are pretty easy to install
if you have some decent tools and a spring compressor. It took me less than half a day to swap them.

austin8993

Thanks but I bought a set of Vogtland springs. Love them! Initially it only lowered it about .5" but once I drove on them for about two weeks, they settled to about 1.2"-1.4". They were advertised at 1.38", so they did what they were supposed to, and honestly, my car feels no different driving and going over any kinds of bumps. I would definitely recommend that brand. Thanks for the input though!

Forthakrown
Car: 08 altima coupe

leaton10 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:18 pm
I have a set of lowering springs available cheap. They are fine and lower about 1.5 or so inches.
I bought my 08 beginning of the year used and it had been lowered by a previous owner.
It was inconvenient for me where I live, as I have a large drainage bump where my driveway meets the street
and needed the extra clearance, so bought a used set of stock springs from another user on this site.
It didn't completely fix the problem, but I can come into my driveway at the right angle and I'm OK now.
Anyway - I'd let the lowering springs go cheap - oosay $25 plus shipping. They are pretty easy to install
if you have some decent tools and a spring compressor. It took me less than half a day to swap them.

Where are you located? I might be interested in your springs.

A.c. 6 speed
Car: 2008 nissan a/c 6 speed code red

leaton10 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:18 pm
Anyway - I'd let the lowering springs go cheap - say $25 plus shipping. They are pretty easy to install

I'll buy them if you still have them.

leaton10
Car: 2008 Altima Manual Coupe

Yes I still have them and sent you a private message with my contact info.
First come, first serve, so if anyone else is interested, give me a shout.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”