lowering my 95 hb

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
HardBodydude124

hey all, this is my first time posting, i was wondering if i could get some help. i'm in teh process of saving up some money to lower my truck. i want like 2 inches. now the back sits a lil higher than the front, so what would i have to do to teh front to make it even? and how hard is it to do all teh work yourself? i'm going to get lowering leafs, and shocks for the back. what do i need for the front? thanks for any help.

chilnviln
Car: B2200

turn down the torsion bars for the front. you're only doing a mild drop so you dont have to go through the trouble of changing to drop spindles or lowered control arms. the torsion bar bolts are quite long so you will need an extra deep socket or you will be using a wrench to turns the nuts, 19mm i believe. you'll also want to stop turning the torsions when the front is around 1/4-1/2" higher than the rear and then drive the truck for a bit. this is done to give the torsions a chance to settle into the final height of the truck when it sits. if thats not low enough then drop another 1/4" and repeat

theotherguyssn
Car: 1996 nissan hardbody king kab

i have a 96 hardobody and i did the same as the other guy said just turning down the torsion bars its very simple and i just put a 3" block in the rear and you can get 3" in the front with the front as low as it will go b/c the lower control arms will hit the bump stops. if you lower the back make sure u remove the bump stops it will make the ride as HECK of a lot better. then just gotta get it aligned and you will be good to go

95nisspickup

yes to lower front use the torsions bolt is located under truck towards the end of the doors

for the rear u can do it cheaper take out the middle leaf spring this should bring u down about 2 inches flip the overload for about another 1/2 inch DO NOT REMOVE OVERLOAD this can be very dangerous definitely get alignment otherwise bye bye tires dont take it down too low causee most places wont beable to get u on the alignment rack and be careful when going to drive thru oil changes
Modified by 95nisspickup at 3:28 PM 7/10/2006

HardBodydude124

ok thanks alot guys, the info was very useful. when i'm done i'll get pics of it up.

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”