lowering kit

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
Infiniti_Nutt
Car: 2007 G35 Journey Sedan

Im thinking about putting the eibach pro-kit on my my 07 G sedan. Wondering if any one has that set up and could u post some pics so I can see what it looks like :naughty: Also do I need to do anything other then the springs to not efect the ride quality? Any suggestion on what will look best. I don't want to slam it but I do want it to be noticeable.(not such a big gap)
thanks

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Hang tight...I'm sure someone will post up. Have you looked at the members rides' thread?

g-series-members-rides-post-em-up-t39215.html

RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

Got him taken care of... he can post pics when he is done... ;)

terrycs

Infiniti_Nutt wrote:Im thinking about putting the eibach pro-kit on my my 07 G sedan. Wondering if any one has that set up and could u post some pics so I can see what it looks like :naughty: Also do I need to do anything other then the springs to not efect the ride quality? Any suggestion on what will look best. I don't want to slam it but I do want it to be noticeable.(not such a big gap)
thanks
Pics of 07 sedan with Eibach pro-kit springs, Eibach swaybars and SPC camber kits in front and rear:

The ride will not be rougher since Eibach uses progressive rate springs. I've had the springs on my car for almost 50K miles and still on the stock shocks as well.

timmy0257
Car: 08 Infiniti G35 Journey 5AT
-R2C Intake
-interior LEDs w/ tag lights
-SBD grounding kit
-TBW engine cover
-Eibach Pro-kit
-JL Audio

Future Mods include GT-Spec strut bar & more.

I have been considering usign the pro-kit also. as far as camber kits, is it absolutely necessary to get a camber kit? and which camber kit would be recommended?

edit:

since this has not been answered yet, i am also thinking of picking up a set up used sport springs.

will springs from a 2011 g37s fit my 08 g35 journey? what is the difference in ride height? would camber kits be necessary here as well.

thanks everyone.

timmy0257
-R2C Intake
-SBD grounding kit
-TBW engine cover
-Eibach Pro-kit
-JL Audio

timmy0257 wrote:I have been considering usign the pro-kit also. as far as camber kits, is it absolutely necessary to get a camber kit? and which camber kit would be recommended?

edit:

since this has not been answered yet, i am also thinking of picking up a set up used sport springs.

will springs from a 2011 g37s fit my 08 g35 journey? what is the difference in ride height? would camber kits be necessary here as well.

thanks everyone.
any input here?

RED_DET
Vendor

The camber kit should not be necessary, but really can't tell until you drop the car and see where the alignment specs fall. If one is necessary, I would recommend the eibach.

I don't think the 11' sport springs are going to drop the car anymore than what you have now. The ride maybe stiffer, but ride hide should be equal.

timmy0257
-R2C Intake
-SBD grounding kit
-TBW engine cover
-Eibach Pro-kit
-JL Audio

RED_DET wrote:The camber kit should not be necessary, but really can't tell until you drop the car and see where the alignment specs fall. If one is necessary, I would recommend the eibach.

I don't think the 11' sport springs are going to drop the car anymore than what you have now. The ride maybe stiffer, but ride hide should be equal.
i see. shouldnt one G of similar year/style be the same as the other? in other words, if one G need the camber kit, i would imagine all would.

Red Det, PM regarding the pro-kit and that GT SPEC strut bar we have previously spoken about.

I want to do the springs, but I have not found anywhere that will install them less than $60/wheel. thats crazy.

RED_DET
Vendor

In theory that should be accurate. I haven't gone to a camber kit and I'm even lower than I was before with the coilovers.

I would install the springs your self and save a few bills. All you need is a spring compressor that you can rent from autozone for $40 and a couple hours of your time.

timmy0257
-R2C Intake
-SBD grounding kit
-TBW engine cover
-Eibach Pro-kit
-JL Audio

RED_DET wrote:In theory that should be accurate. I haven't gone to a camber kit and I'm even lower than I was before with the coilovers.

I would install the springs your self and save a few bills. All you need is a spring compressor that you can rent from autozone for $40 and a couple hours of your time.
time is one of the things Im afraid I do not have. i do not have an air compressor and impact wrench/air ratchet so it would be all hand tools. i'm always afraid i would strip a nut or bolt and have an even bigger problem, because this is my only car. Is there a video on how to do this anywhere that I could watch beforehand so I know what I am getting into?

i have stock wheels and stock tire size, no spaces so the camber shouldnt be out of wack. i will try to negotiate with a few more places and see what kinda of installation cost i can work out. i will let you know if I want to get that set from you.

RED_DET
Vendor

I don't know of any videos, maybe a you-tube search. Wheels/tires have little to nothing to do with camber. You are going to change the camber & toe when you lower the car so an alignment will be necessary. The front camber is not adjustable and the back has some. Setting front toe to max toe in is the key and rear toe just needs to be in set in specs.

johnparkyourcar
Car: 03 DG coupe 5AT

I am lowered on H&R springs, but the drop should be similar to the Eibach prokit. The pack of smokes shows how low it is. I dont have a camber kit and although I have crazy camber, all I did was get the toe straightened out, and just make sure to rotate the tires (dismount, rotate, and remount).

Kevindamoe
Car: 2008 infinity G35 sedan

So all you did was use H&R Springs???? Looks nice

Kevindamoe
Car: 2008 infinity G35 sedan

johnparkyourcar wrote:I am lowered on H&R springs, but the drop should be similar to the Eibach prokit. The pack of smokes shows how low it is. I dont have a camber kit and although I have crazy camber, all I did was get the toe straightened out, and just make sure to rotate the tires (dismount, rotate, and remount).

So all you did was put H&R springs?????? Looks nice

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

timmy0257 wrote:
RED_DET wrote:In theory that should be accurate. I haven't gone to a camber kit and I'm even lower than I was before with the coilovers.

time is one of the things Im afraid I do not have. i do not have an air compressor and impact wrench/air ratchet so it would be all hand tools. i'm always afraid i would strip a nut or bolt and have an even bigger problem, because this is my only car. Is there a video on how to do this anywhere that I could watch beforehand so I know what I am getting into?

i have stock wheels and stock tire size, no spaces so the camber shouldnt be out of wack. i will try to negotiate with a few more places and see what kinda of installation cost i can work out. i will let you know if I want to get that set from you.
http://www.infinitig37.com/infiniti-g37 ... rings.html

Installing Eibach springs should be the same as the above H-Tech install. You can do it with hand tools (make sure you have a breaker bar, IMO).

PM2K14

TerryCS, I was checking out your 07 Sedan with the lowering kit and if you don't mind what kind of wheels\tires are those and the size? Are you lowered on Eibach's and if so how is the ride? I have an 12 Sedan AWD and was thinking about lowering it and wheels 19X9 ET40 on all 4 corners so any other advice would gladly be appreciated. Thanks, PM2K14!

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”