Lowered M45 - Noob Here

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
PNWM454ME
Car: 2007 M45 Custom Paint 20" Lorenzo Wheels Stillen Cat-Back Exhaust 2" Eibach Lowering Springs

Hi Everyone!

I am hoping someone can help me figure out what is on my car. I have had this vehicle for 5.5 years now (2007 M45). It had been lowered by a previous owner (I bought from a dealership, so I couldn't ask previous owner) and while I love how the car sits & looks, the struts are THRASHED. The car rides terrible. The smallest potholes rattle my cage. Anyhow, shortly after buying it I do recall inspecting what lowering springs it had, and they were branded as Eibach. Struts, were OEM.

Now as I get ready to replace struts on it, I don't know if I should get something different, or just OEM? I do know Eibach Proline springs were designed to use OEM struts, but I have no Idea which Eibach springs this car has. Can anyone give me some clues? Also, are there any writeups on here for how to R&R these struts? Or, is it pretty standard (I have done struts in a few different cars and they're all slightly different variations of the same process).

Thanks!
George
M45 7.PNG
Eva_Front.jpg

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Honestly, I would just get BC's. It's not worth the time and effort to R&R the OEM shocks and the springs are just that, springs. The reason why I say go BC is because, if I'm not mistaken, a new set of struts/shocks all around is only like $100 less than BC's lol.

PNWM454ME
Car: 2007 M45 Custom Paint 20" Lorenzo Wheels Stillen Cat-Back Exhaust 2" Eibach Lowering Springs

Ilya wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:15 pm
Honestly, I would just get BC's. It's not worth the time and effort to R&R the OEM shocks and the springs are just that, springs. The reason why I say go BC is because, if I'm not mistaken, a new set of struts/shocks all around is only like $100 less than BC's lol.
Ok thanks for the tip... I hate to sound ignorant- But what are "BCs"? Are they one piece? Do I have to adjust them etc? I'll do some research on them too, thanks!

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

PNWM454ME wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:48 pm
Ilya wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:15 pm
Ok thanks for the tip... I hate to sound ignorant- But what are "BCs"? Are they one piece? Do I have to adjust them etc? I'll do some research on them too, thanks!
BC Racing coilovers. Yes, they are one piece. You can adjust them to be the same height as your current set, back to stock height, etc. The other option is D2...and I think there is a newer company called Scale Suspension which makes M coilovers that are of decent quality. Most people pick one of the first 2 and the 3rd is growing in popularity with the Y51 (2011+) crowd.

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

I second the BC Racing Coilovers.

Your options are really just these:
Buy new OEM shocks and struts, which costs more than aftermarket coilovers.
Buy KYB shocks and struts, which suck and have terrible ride quality and most are old stock these days and have bad, dried out seals right from out of the box so they wont last long (mine lasted less than a month, by the time I got them replaced a second one also blew out)
Buy aftermarket coilovers and replace your shocks, struts, and springs with them.

The last option tends to be the best because not only is it cheaper than OEM but you can adjust the height of your car how you want it, and on some models like the BC's you can adjust the damping for how hard or soft the ride is.

PNWM454ME

Awesome! Thanks guys! I will look into the BCs! I appreciate your feedback!

LIBRILZ
Car: 1990 Nissan 300zx
2007 M45 Sport

Powertrix also makes great coilovers specifically for Nissan/Infiniti..used to be a vendor and active on Nico, maybe you could look into some of their coilovers as well.

Also fwiw, I replaced my front struts with KYB awhile back and it's just too soft for me. Coils would be the only way to go forward imo.

PNWM454ME

Sorry to bother again- But would I have to purchase directly from BC Racing website? Or is there a different vendor I should use which would cost less?

Ilya

PNWM454ME wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:41 pm
Sorry to bother again- But would I have to purchase directly from BC Racing website? Or is there a different vendor I should use which would cost less?
You can get em on eBay and various other sites like TunerzStore (a vendor here) I believe but they are usually within like $5 of each other in my experience.

EniGmA1987
Car: '06 Infiniti M35 Sport

I got mine from the Coilover Depot:
https://coiloverdepot.com/products/bc-r ... 35-m45-y50

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”