lower the front

1965-1971 Datsun 521 forums. All 520 and 521 topics and discussion can be found here.
1LOW521

hey guys i need info on how to drop my 521 from the front...im unsure on how to do it..so please i need help...

apos

Jack it up and loosen your torsion bar nuts, then proceed to back out the bolt to your desired ride height, periodically checking by putting it back on the ground. Be sure to turn both sides the same number of times.  Tighten your torsion bar nuts and get yourself some shorter shocks if you drop it more than a couple of inches. If you do drop it more than two or three inches, you will need to re-index your torsion bars so they will still function like they are supposed to. Good luck!

1LOW521

THANKS FOR THE HELP...BUT HOW DO I DO THE LAST THING YOU SAID..SOMETHING ABOUT REINDEX THE TORSION BARS...WHAT IS THAT????

apos

That would take me awhile to explain just what that entails, so I would suggest you get ahold of a manual or an exploded drawing of the front end to see how the torsion bars are put together. It could be any car with torsion bars, just so you see how they work.

Return to “Datsun 520 / 521”