Lower Control Arm replacement tips

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
Rtraveler
Car: 2012 Sentra

2012 Nissan Sentra - Today I replaced the lower control arm and sway bar links. The hardest part of the job was getting out the ball joint in the lower control arm. I bought a pickle fork set. The trick was to use the biggest pickle fork to wedge it out but it didn't get it completely out. So the pickle fork set came with three pickle forks. I inserted one pickle fork on the ball joint, than I put another pickle fork on top of it and used a sledge hammer to wedge it in there. The two pickle forks on top of each other was enough to get the ball joint out.

To get the new ball joint in, I put floor jack under the ball joint and raised it slowly, eventually it just slid in.

Rtraveler

Dealership wanted $800 but I paid $170 for the parts on Rockauto.

Nissan0301
Car: 2009 Nissan Sentra 2.0L

Hey, I need to replace mine but I can't get to the 21mm bolts holding the control arm to the subframe. My stabilizer links block the one bolt, even when I take them off??

How did you get around that, I have a 2009 sentra 2.0

Rtraveler

I don't remember but you can just remove the stabilizer link since it's only two bolts if you need to remove the whole thing. You can probably remove one bolt and move it.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”