Low tire pressure sensor light comes on in G35

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
hawkONE
Car: 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

I have added a new set of 20's to my G35. Till this weekend I have never driven a long distance. When I drove for about an hour straight on the highway my sensor light came on? I thought I had a flat but everything was good.

After I let the car sit for some time the light went off?

I think its because when tires are hot they deflate and since these are low profiles the sensors go off?

anyone have another theory or is this an issue?

hawkONE

JeromeS13
Car: 2008 Subaru Impreza STI

Did you have them transfer the sensors to the new wheels?

And, tires do not deflate when they get hot. Actually, the tire pressure increases as temperature increases.

-Jerome

zozoka1212
Car: 08 Infiniti G35x

Jerome is right the tire pressure increases with the temperature. You should take it to the shop where they put the 20' on and ask them about it.

zozoka

hawkONE

Guys,

I actually bought the tires online and put them on myself never transferring the sensor. Can any shop do this or should I just take this to the Infinity shop for assistance?

And thanks for the posts!

hawkONE

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Does the tire pressure sensor reset after being tripped? I had a flat, but after I filled up the tire, the sensor was still on. Any suggestions?

JeromeS13

Yes, the system will reset itself when sufficient air pressure is measured in all four tires. If its still on, check the air in all four tires and make sure its above 30psi. (35psi ideally).

And, you can install the sensors using the band/strap method. Just search for it and you should find some guides. That's how I have mine installed. And, you actually have to dismount the tire in order to install the sensors. So, a tire shop would be required, not necessarily the dealer.

-Jerome

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

One more quick question...can we use fix-a-flat on our tires? Will it affect the tire pressure sensor?

zozoka1212

Joe that's a good question. I have one in my car just for emergency. I never thought about this. hope somebody knows the answer.

zozoka

ameitin
Car: infiniti g35 coupe

I heard that if you put fix a flat into your tires, the sensor will get destroyed.

infinititech1

i wouldn't recommend fixaflat as it can damage the sensor

zozoka1212

Thanks man I am glad I didn't have to use it. I'll take it out from the car.

zozoka

tangodebbie
Car: 2004 G35

I've got a 2004 G35 and my tire pressure light has come on randomly since I bought the car. It's a real frustration. I just returned home from a drive to Colorado from California and for the last 500 miles the light was on. I checked the tires twice, both hot and cooled and the pressure registered 34 lbs. The dealer tells me "it's nothing to worry about" but it makes me crazy! Can anyone tell me why this happens and what do do about it? These are the same tires that the car came with and have not been messed with except for the regular rotation (done at the dealer). HELP

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

JeromeS13 wrote:And, you can install the sensors using the band/strap method. Just search for it and you should find some guides. That's how I have mine installed. And, you actually have to dismount the tire in order to install the sensors. So, a tire shop would be required, not necessarily the dealer.

-Jerome
If the wheel is compatible with TPMS, then you don't need to use bands.

JeromeS13

If you've rotated your tires, that could be the reason. If the dealer rotated them, they should have also recalibrated them. It sounds like they're not communicating with the receiver properly. I'd take it to the dealer and have them recalibrate them.

-Jerome

scobbs
Car: G35

Here there a website that shows how to install these sensors.....?

yzarcur

My light came on all the time when I got my Toyo's installed and couldn't figure it out either. When I took it my performance shop he checked to see if they tightened the valve stem. It was a little loose which was giving me a leak. A slow leak but enough to trigger the light. I haven't had a proplem since.

Tahoemofo
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe

I had an issue one time with the sensor light coming on and would not go off despite inflating the tires to the proper pressure. I took it to the dealer and they found a nail in the tire. They said that was the problem. I am not sure how this would affect it and did not really care - I was just glad it was fixed.

NCturbo75
Car: 2006 INFINITI M35...

For those who are unaware of what a tire pressure sensor unit looks like (myself included), here is a pic:

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”