Low/Rough idle after timing chain job

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
jdempsey102
Car: 1993 D21 5spd 4X4 W/KA24E

I have a 1993 D21 with a ka24e engine. I recently did a timing job on the truck because it started making a lot of noise when it started. I got it put all back together, and now it wont run right. it will start if you hold down the gas pedal and while you are holding it down it will run smooth but as soon as you let off the pedal it will either die or idle at around 250 rpm. (im assuming at that point its missing on 1 or 2 cylinders). Iv advanced and retarded the distributor, used a timing light to set the timing as best i could, and looked for any broken vacuum lines or anything i may have disconnected while repairing the timing chain. I also tried to take it out on the road since it ran fine while you had your foot on the pedal and i discovered that it had hardly any power. If anybody has ran in to this problem before i would appreciate the help because im at the end of my rope. Thanks.

Zeniziento
Car: Nissan hardbody

Hi, is so bad that no body was able to help
You with your problem, I'm running to the same thing and still not able to find whats wrong, please help me :/ I just to know what you end doing in order to get it back to normal.

TruenoAE86
Car: Nissan Bluebird 910 sss

Hi, guys, have you fix this problem?
Timing chain job its mean you need to remove front cover, and after put everything back , and most problem is to put back oil pump , because if the pump have wrong position , distributer will not work properly , I have same problem , and I hope in few days its will be ok.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”