low idle

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
jg35
Car: 03 G35

I recently purchased a 03 g35 at w/boss no navigation, car is idiling really low did plugs, did pcv valve no cel on, any ideas tried to do idle air relearning procedure and it won't work cel doesn't flash wen I follow the steps, so is that telling me I have a bad tp,or app? Any help wud b great am new here N gtta say this forum seems well rounded, n all together good

raremotive
Car: 04 G35

I had same issues with low idle. I bought a can of throttle cleaner and MAF cleaner. I sprayed and wipe the throttle clean of carbon buildup, and gave the MAF a good clean with the spray. Now it runs at higher idle as it should.

I also spent the time to re-torque all the plenum bolts.

QCtech
Car: 2003 Pathfinder LE

Easiest way to do the idle relearn is downloading the nissan data scan 2 software app on your phone and getting their approved obd2 dongle at ebay which is around 12 dollars. The sofware does the idle relearn for you and you can also use it to read ecu codes. If you want to program keys, read all codes including abs and erasing them, buy the data scan 2 whole software for 60 dollars including the cable and you will always know what code you have how to erase it.

donutDrift
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35

QCtech wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:52 pm
Easiest way to do the idle relearn is downloading the nissan data scan 2 software app on your phone and getting their approved obd2 dongle at ebay which is around 12 dollars. The sofware does the idle relearn for you and you can also use it to read ecu codes. If you want to program keys, read all codes including abs and erasing them, buy the data scan 2 whole software for 60 dollars including the cable and you will always know what code you have how to erase it.
Do you have links to any of the items?

QCtech
Car: 2003 Pathfinder LE

Just google Nissan Data Scan and in the list their main website will show up. I did not buy it directly from them, because that company is in Australia, but one of their distributors here in the USA is called OBDinnovations. The software plus the cable was cheaper than buying directly from the Australian company. It was around 60 dollars , the cable plus the software that you can register in up to 4 computers. This is the link:

http://www.obdinnovations.com/obd2-kkl- ... e-package/

If you have any more questions let me know. If you just want to do the idle valve relearn, you can buy one of the ELM327 donggles sold on ebay by about 12 dollars and use Nissan data scan 2 lite, that is free and downloadable from the google app store. This will allow you to do the idle relearn and read the ECU codes, but not the ABS or other systems codes.

This is the main website: home.exetel.com.au/nds/NDSII/index.php

In that page go to the approved connector list and you can find out which one is the best to buy what will work with their software. The ELM327 dongle needs to have a special chip or it wont work. I had a cheaper clone one that I used with torque, but had to buy a compatible one on ebay with the correct chip so it worked with Nissan data scan 2 lite. Remember that you must not have ANY ECU codes pending to do the idle valve relearn. If you have any engine codes, you wont be able to do the relearn, not even with this software. All ECU pending codes must be cleared before attempting the relearn. Also, if your throttle body valve is dirty, you wont be able to do the relearn. You have to clean the throttle body very carefully and properly. Then you can do the relearn.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”