Low idle/stall

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Newguytrynalearn
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue

I own a Nissan rogue 2011 with around 70,000 miles on it. I noticed that the rpms drop at low idle after speeding causing the car to rumble for a few seconds and a rare occasion of a stall. I am thinking two things at this point; My air intake boot has a crack or a vacuum leak of some kind anyone has any ideas or fixes?

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Might get lean bank codes soon.

Check these too.

Dirty mass air flow sensor.
Dirty throttle body.
Clogged fuel injectors.

Newguytrynalearn

Alright will do thanks.

Newguytrynalearn

Hey so I recently got a check engine light for PO101 I got a OBDII reader and says Mass or Volume Air Flow A Circuit range/ Performance. Ive also checked the throttle bottle with a camera snake it looks pretty clean with very minimal brown at the edges(should I clean it anyway?). This MAF sensor also seems to be working good. I disconnected it while the engine was running and it turned the engine off which is what its supposed to do. Where should I look for leaks and cracks? Clogged fuel injectors?

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

You didn’t mention cleaning anything.

Anyways, I was dealing with a P0101 and P0174 on a Cadillac SRX, so I wiped the throttle body with a garage towel on the end of a paintbrush. Too lazy to remove housing and it seemed clean. Sprayed throttle body cleaner on the towel and trying wiping it. Just preventive maintenance but minuscule at that.

My main agenda was the mass air flow sensor, and low and behold I saw what looked like a bug wing inside it. So I blew it out and sprayed mass air flow sensor cleaner inside for a few minutes in controlled bursts.

I did change the engine air filter recently, so maybe a bug wing got shaken loose while I was cleaning that area and found its way into the sensor somehow.

Clear the codes, case closed.

Thank god no need for the dealership. :chuckle:

Moreover, use your favorite fuel cleaners with PEA.
Gas stations give us crappy gas with corn fillers remember and probably from dirty storage tanks. Government don’t care about our gas guzzlers and want everything electric eventually. :werd:

Newguytrynalearn

Hey good news I was able to fix it. Indeed it was the throttle body I was saying "if I just clean it anyway and check the tube for leaks ill kill two birds with one stone". I cleaned up the throttle body with a microfiber towel with some Throttle body Cleaner from AutoZone and wiped off all build up. Even though it didn't seem dirty I was surprised how much was actually there. Its nice and smooth now what a difference. Thank you Casper for joining me on my first fix.

Return to “Rogue Forum”