Low Beams 2014 Maxima

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
Jenn413
Car: 2014 Nissan Maxima
2003 Nissan Maxima

Both headlights stopped working at the same time. Bulbs have been changed. Fuses are good. Ground is good. When low beams are turned on the drivers side flashes/blinks 3 times, every time. What else do I check? Mildly mechanically inclined. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks so much!!

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Things you checked:
Bulbs, Fuses, Ground

Things presumably not checked:
Relays
On/Off Switch

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

Jenn413 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:28 pm
Both headlights stopped working at the same time. Bulbs have been changed. Fuses are good. Ground is good. When low beams are turned on the drivers side flashes/blinks 3 times, every time. What else do I check? Mildly mechanically inclined. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thanks so much!!
The headlights are controlled by the BCM, body control module. From what you described it sounds to me that the BCM could be faulty. Particularly the fact that the low beams are flashing in the way you describe.

There is an auto active test that you can try that might help you diagnose the problem, the procedure is described in the Service Manual, starting on page PCS-11

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Maxima/2014 ... ma/PCS.pdf

One thing that you might also try is disconnecting the battery for about 30 minutes, might not do anything but its worth a try.

Jenn413
Car: 2014 Nissan Maxima
2003 Nissan Maxima

Thank you so very much for your help!!!!!! I have run the diagnosis, that's when the low beam on the driver's side began flashing 3 times when it is turned on. What else will that tell me? Where is the BCM located?

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”