Love the new Infiniti M35, but a couple little problems...

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
globetoole
Car: M35

Just got a new '06 M35, Black on Black - love it... moved up from an Ivory G35 that was also great. Lots of fun with the voice activation and nav. I have three 'issues' - two are real and will probably be dealership issues, and one is just a nuisance, I think...

1. Homelink - Not working - won't blink, won't light up when buttons are pressed - but dimming mirror and compass are working.

2. Analog clock - looks good, but doesn't work - doesn't move.

3. Temp - every time I get in car the temp isn't set - I have to press auto to get it going - never had a car that required that - normally a car restarts with same setting as when it turned off.

Now - when I opened the ash tray for first time I saw a fuse marked 10 sitting in the tray - was thinking they just left out a fuse due to shipping, to save the battery or something - but looking at fuses I didn't see any 'missing.'

I am going back to dealership to get plates soon and they can deal with it, but just wondering if others have seen any of these problems.

Great site here, have lurked for a month or so getting ready for purchase - got the VPP pricing and lots of great insight on the car.

Has anyone checked under the armrest to see if the wires used for the tech package IPOD hookup are just lurking there?

Thanks all....

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Welcome to NICO!

I would certainly take up all these items with the dealer! It is unusual to see so many little items not functional, but that is what the warranty period is for, I guess ...

Z

scjconsulting
Car: 2009 G37x

You might want to give some bad marks for problems at delivery when you receive the survey from Infiniti and others. All of this should have been checked and made right before delivery. The dealership receives points and the salesman extra money if they get high grades at delivery. Make sure both the dealership and the salesman get the message.

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Austin Infiniti are very nice people, but close is good enough for them.

Stay on top and make them get it right the first time. I beleive Michael is the senior tech.

infinititech1

wow, your car wasn't PDI'ed right...the accesory electrical fuse wasn't installed....look in your fuse box and on the little diagram look for a highlighted space that says "elec parts" (or something similar to that) and put that fuse in that spot and be on ur way! call the dealer and complain...that is one of the most important parts of the PDI.

globetoole

Thanks Infinititech1 - that did the trick - the label had that in black versus the others in white, so I didn't recognize it as an empty spot. All's good - will note it on survey... what an odd fuse, clock and homelink - sorta like my house now that I think about it...

Is there really no way to set the temp so that every time I get in the car it turns on - do I have to hit the auto button again? I need the 'caps lock' function...

Thanks again all...

scjconsulting
Car: 2009 G37x

The temp control and all the buttons are suppose to stay where they are when you turn it off. The only one I have seen change is the switch that changes from outside air to circulate. It does that when the car is very hot on starting.

globetoole

Go figure, that fuse also fixes the temp problem - so one fuse does homelink, clock and storing temp setting.. so all set.

Back to driving...

infinititech1

yes that fuse controls ALOT which is why its so important to do in the pdi. but no problem! i want an M !

JandJsM
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport

Thought I'd piggyback Globe's post. I, too, love my '06 M35 Sport. Got the Ivory Pearl with the Stone interior. It's a great ride!

About a week after delivery, I noticed that when I turned the A/C off, it sounded like a gas lawn edger hitting concrete! It's horrible!

My AFS has never worked since delivery. The low-speed beam turns to the right, and as soon as I get over 26 mph (or whatever the speed sensor is...), the entire AFS system shuts down and the dash indicator blinks.

I'm having trouble with the cruise control... it won't hold a downshift going up a hill. Today, when I was going up a decent grade, the car pulled nicely in cruise control to about 3k, and then downshifted only to 'bounce' back and forth about (at about 3k - 4k rpm) between gears. The fam was starting to get a little carsick!

I'm taking it back to the dealer (Sacramento Infiniti) and just hoping that they will put everything right. I'm a little disappointed that a car of this (supposed) quality and PRICE would have so many little nagging problems. Any suggestions from Infinititech1, and others would be appreciated.

Oh yeah... Love the forum!!!

infinititech1

with the a/c noise......maybe your fan is hitting something in the engine bay?? with the headlights...only the right headlight turns under i think 15mph it is. and over it should be both. if not theres a problem with it. as for cruise control...there is a cruise control recall and they should do it when you take it to the dealer. it reprograms the ICC unit and the ECM.

JandJsM
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport

Tech, Thanks for the info! That update on the cruise control is great info ~ I'll be sure to make sure I get the update. I checked under the hood and the fan doesn't appear to be making contact with anything. My suspicion is that it's something to do with the compressor unit itself, as it only makes the noise when I shut the a/c down and the fan is still running. I'll be making the appointment this week to get it checked out. I'll post the results of that service when complete.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”