Love My Infiniti M35.....But

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Fredace
Car: Infiniti M35X

The but is that, just as I break to a stop, the car will pull, sometimes to the left and sometimes to the right. I've got all of 600 miles on it, and this is my first post here.

Has anyone had a similar problem? I'm going to take it back to the dealer for this, but what the heck can the cause be?

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I've heard of similar issues with the G35, but this is the first I've heard with the M.

Could be as simple as an alignment issue, or perhaps a brake malfunction.

Welcome aboard, keep us posted on what the dealer says!

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Fredace wrote:The but is that, just as I break to a stop, the car will pull, sometimes to the left and sometimes to the right. I've got all of 600 miles on it, and this is my first post here.

Has anyone had a similar problem? I'm going to take it back to the dealer for this, but what the heck can the cause be?
Welcome to NICO!

Could be a variety of things and it is tough to discuss the likely cause here. Particularly since it is such a new car, with only 600 miles! Could be anything from unbalanced tires to faulty pads to warped rotors ... all complete WAGs really.

In my original 2003 M45, I had a lot of initial slipping and sliding problems because the tires had been sitting in the lot for a long time and had become pretty bad on the surface. A thousand miles later, it was a lot better! Of course, I doubt that this is your problem, but you just never know.

I would definitely see the dealer about this and let us know how it goes.

Z

scjconsulting
Car: 2009 G37x

If it is a M35X I could understand. If you hit a curb with a wheel, the AWD allignment can easily be giving you that kind of problem.

06_M35Sport
Car: 06 M35 Sport

ive had my m35 sport for a week now and i noticed that too. It feels like when I stop it wants to cut to the right I actually almost hit another car before. Im not sure if its an actual problem or just the angle of the road with the tires. Im gonna get it checked next week during my 2 week check up and oil change.

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

Most city roads have been worn in such a way from heavy traffic that it creates a "u" shaped channel where every one drives. Since this is hard to see most people dont notice it until you actualy get out of the car and look at the road, or its really bad.

The MOST likly cause of this pulling is that when you hit the brakes, the channel applys different friction to each tire and the car wheels appear to turn by them self and it requires good force by the driver to avoid the pull;

If its a mis aligned wheel, you will get pulling all the time;

If its a ceased brake, it will also always pull;if its creased open, you could get the pulling.

As always, have a professional look at the problem, but chances are its the road surfaces defect from heavy trucks and cars that created this u shapped channel in the road. Its impressive the number of people that run into this have no no idea...

just for the record, the next comment that follows this conversation is "my other car doesnt" do this, so it has to be the new car; the pulling is also a fuction of the specific way the wheel alignment is done in a sport suspension for better cornering. If you really hate that pulling feeling, its possible to have an alignment shop change the alignment so you dont get it as much or at all;

However, get use to the feeling of the pulling (when road condisitions are the cause, and not a defect) - higher performances suspension almost always gives the driver this pulling feeling ont he crappy roads we have!

tk

waldis

just take it to a dealer and have them look at it. after they fix it, you will love your car all over again.

david2u
Car: 2006 M35X

I have the same problem.Took it back to the dealer and they told me that it was fine.Haven't had the time to fight with them yet, but it will go back to them until it's fixed the way I want it fixed!

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

I agree that it may be a road issue... does it do this consistantly on all types of pavement? Rutted pavement can really mess with me in the Q with my 255's... the wider tires have a lot of lateral squirm. Didn't notice it so much when they were new, but from about 5-10K forward it has been a problem.

Heath

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Go to a runway or somewhere flat. Road crown must be eliminated to diagnose properly.

Black on Gold

Sounds like bad rotors and pads but thats shouldnt happen with only 600 miles on the car. Intresting. I'd take a look at that though

timinfla2
Car: 2006 M45 Sport, Journey, Tech, Aero

After 600 miles? I'd bet you a bottle of good vodka that it's road-induced - I've confirmed that was the issue with my M45 Sport - the low pro tires coupled with the sport suspension really transmits that pulling feeling on the main road.

But when I get back in to my neighborhood on the smooth streets there, the issue completely dissapears.

Take it somewhere flat and give it a swing.

-Tim

Fredace
Car: Infiniti M35X

I agree that it's probably caused by the road. However, I've been driving for a very long time and never had a car behave like this. I suppose it's a feature, not a defect, but having the wheel try to spin when coming to a stop is a bit disconcerting. Anyone have a way to change/minimize this behavior?

timinfla2
Car: 2006 M45 Sport, Journey, Tech, Aero

I guess maybe you could try changing the tires or just aim for the high points of the ruts in the road :-)

Other than that I'm at a loss - just gotta keep on your toes, haha.

-Tim

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

Fredace;Check with your local alignment Shop, I think they can adjust it a little different to get less/no pull; The main reason why it does in fact pull is the width of the tires is much wider than a standard wheel, so you manage to catch the road just the right way;

I make the assumption you have had it inspected for flaws also; When you wear out your tires you can try something a little more narrow, and make the adjustments with the alignment shop to reduce that pulling feeling (not to be mistken with that loving feeling, the car is fast like a F14, but....)

just for the record, making the changes will change the way the car handles corners. The reason why you may not have felt this feeling in the past, is your other cars suspension was not tuned like this car - the M's have a nice suspension, and it performs very well if you know thats whats your getting into)

tk

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

I would also suggest trying an alignment (all wheels, of course) while you are sitting in the driver's seat.

This has a small effect on the results and might make the handling problem less of an issue.

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”