love me some loose headers...

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
kcourtad
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL Sedan

i was leaving work this morning (5:00am) and i noticed that my car was makin some loud noise from the motor... popped the hood and took that cover off and looked around and LOW AND BEHOLD... the header bolts was loose... ehhh idk it may have been just one of thos things... but i have no idea how they would get loose unless the kid that changed my oil at nissan loosed them up fur me... idk just thought i would share that... might want to make sure there tight on ur versa...

07V84Z
Car: 2007 Versa~Silver, Hatch, 6Spd 1984 300ZX~White, 5Spd, N/A

Damn, that sucks dude. Did you get 'em taken care of your self, or take it back to Nissan?

brainguyus
Car: '12 Murano SL - '08 Versa SL - '67 Lincoln Continental

You're talking about the manifold to exhaust pipe connection and not where the manifold mounts to the head, right?

kcourtad

brainguyus wrote:You're talking about the manifold to exhaust pipe connection and not where the manifold mounts to the head, right?
im not real high up in motors... and it was 5am in the morning when i was leaving work i just saw that the bolts was loose... so i just tighted them up... i dont know that much about motors... but i think it was the manifold that leads to the exhaust pipe that was on the block... something in that order...

brainguyus
Car: '12 Murano SL - '08 Versa SL - '67 Lincoln Continental

Your exhaust manifold (or header) connects to the block at one end. I'm guessing there are 8 bolts at the block connection. Then at the other end it connects to the exhaust pipe (usually 2 bolts).

If you tightened the exhaust pipe connection, it's no big deal and you should be ok.

If it's at the block then you have potential problems. The manifold to block connection needs to be torqued to certain specifications and in a certain order. In addition you probably would need a new gasket since a leak in this area usually burns the gasket. If it was at the block then you definately need to see the dealer.

faction
Car: Versa

what did it sound like exactly and what part of the engine? (I know less than nothing about engines, although I did manage to replace my air filter by myself yesterday )

I have a sound coming out of the passenger's side of the engine compartment at the front, that of course I can never replicate when my dad or the nissan guy is in the car.....

kcourtad

the dealership took a look at it and put a new gasket on it... only took them bout 2 hours and it was done... now im back to the quiet driving motor im used to... but they dont know how it could have happened... just a act of god i reckon

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”