Loud rattle, maybe Fuel Grommit Filler Neck?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
enternet987
Car: 2005 Infiniti Q45

For the past month, my 2005 q45 has a loud rattle that seems to be coming from the rear passenger side that is driving me crazy. If you're in the car and looking towards the direction of the rear windshield, it sounds like its coming from the very back left side, behind the seat and to the left of the amp and sub. Its not a speaker problem, and I can't figure out what it is.

The only thing I can imagine it would be coming from is the fuel tank door or something to do with the fuel grommet filler neck (the black plastic piece underneath the fuel cap. All screws are tightened, but I noticed that it doesn't take much force to move the grommet filler neck side to side, resulting in a "clanking noise".

is it supposed to move around like that, or should it be rock solid in place? Has anyone else had anything like this?

Thanks,

Tristan
Kansas City

EdBwoy

Hello and welcome to NICOclub.

I can't quite picture the plastic piece youre talking about. Can you take pictures or video of it for us?

Either way, I don't think that would be something that would move so audibly under normal driving.
Do you have a rear sunshade?
Is it possible that it's the rear parcel shelf or the speaker grilles?
How about your suspension, have you checked it out?

If you can, have someone else drive the car while you sit in the back and try to isolate the source of the noise. Or have someone drive it by/around you to see if it's coming from the exterior.

enternet987
Car: 2005 Infiniti Q45

After doing some more research, Im pretty sure it has something to do with a loose bolt or mount on the back right strut. far

It should be a simple fix, but its no secret that INFINITI tried to make sure I wouldn't try to do it myself and pay them to do it! I'm just gonna try to do as much of it as I can on my own. Hopefully ill at least be able to take the rear seats and parcel shelf out instead of paying labor on it, but as far as suspension goes, I don't have the slightest clue how to fix it.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”