Loud noise after car starts 2007 altima 2.5S

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
Beren656
Car: 2007 Altima

Problem started after 1 month of having the car. After I start the car I hear a loud vibration type noise. The noise goes away after a couple of minutes, when the car is warmed up. It only happens when car has been sitting for awhile. Just curious if anyone has had this problem also. I am bringing the car in next week to the dealer. Thanks Dealer said exhaust mount was loose. Noise went away for a couple of days, noise is back when car is started and then goes away. Anyone else have this problem???
Modified by Beren656 at 6:22 PM 8/15/2007

jmicha3l
Car: 07 Nissan Altima 2.5S black

Beren656 wrote:Problem started after 1 month of having the car. After I start the car I hear a loud vibration type noise. The noise goes away after a couple of minutes, when the car is warmed up. It only happens when car has been sitting for awhile. Just curious if anyone has had this problem also. I am bringing the car in next week to the dealer. Thanks Dealer said exhaust mount was loose. Noise went away for a couple of days, noise is back when car is started and then goes away. Anyone else have this problem???

Modified by Beren656 at 6:22 PM 8/15/2007
Well I have a really loud vibration noise that sounds like the engine cover is hitting something or maybe one of the valves? i'll be going back to the dealership again for this issue. Ive been to the dealership once a month for stupid shlt like tihs. Is it more of rattling sound than a vibration? if it is, then its probably the exhaust heatshield so ask you're dealer about it.

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”