Loud low tone squeaking from the front

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
far raf
Car: 2005 Nissan Quest SE (standard? simple? edition - i.e. nothing special)

When braking and sometimes when accelerating, or coming from/onto decline, I can hear loud squeaking from the front suspension.
I have new LCA and sway bar links on the front, so driving over the cracks and potholes the suspension is very quiet, like new.
The squeaking is probably from the struts. Anything else that might cause that sound to check? Do sway bar bushings ever cause squeaking at braking?

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Bushings and suspension might squeak once, but wouldn't be squeaking continuously during a single maneuver like braking or turning. So, for a squeak, I'd think of bushings or suspension. For squeaking, I'd think of rotating parts like much of the engine and drive-train.

far raf
Car: 2005 Nissan Quest SE (standard? simple? edition - i.e. nothing special)

It's like that: step on the brake pedal - squeak. Release - squeak. Accelerate from slow - squeak. Not continuously.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

You could pop the hood and get a large friend. You choose a listening location (each wheel well, under the front center by sway bars, etc.) and your large friend jumps onto the bumper and then off again to move the car down and back up. If nothing, try it with the car in idle and ebrake on. New rubber bushings won't squeak so much, but new urethane ones would if they weren't greased properly. I'd be suspect of older worn OEM stuff and newer, non-OEM parts added.

Return to “Quest Forum”