Loud? Efficient for city driving?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
ninjaserver

Hey there all. Just another question as I try to make up my mind on the m35x. Thanks again for all the help.I found last night as I took it for a long test drive, that the car really sounds like it's working harder than it FEELS like it's working. Is that just car design and a part of the 4 tailpipe appeal that infiniti is aiming for. I know at steady speeds the car was quiet and smooth and a gem to handle at any speed. How also are you finding the gas mileage. I know that many have said it is the primary draw back for this car. I do a TON of city driving and a ton of km/year in highway too.Thanks for all the info gang.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

The gas mileage on the M35 and M45 are not going to be dramatically different ... probably within 1 to 1.5 mpg of each other, I would guess.

In my older 2003 M45 (similar engine to the new M45), I tend to average about 16.5 to 17.5 mpg with about 65-70% highway miles. Although many of those highway miles are during commute hours and not the best for steady speeds or steady gas use.

So, in the M35x, I would guess that the mileage would be in the 17.5 to 19.0 mpg for the same conditions that I typically drive in.

Z

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

The exhaust is just a little louder, the engine isnt really working that hard... It has a dual mode muffler, when you get in the gas it opens up and is a little louder....

once your M is fully broken in, i bet you could see 25mpg on the highway..... Ryan got 27 in his G35 coupe, but that is signficantly lighter....

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”