Loud belt squeel after waterpump replacement

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
Z32Zop
Car: 1993 Nissan 300ZX NA

1993 300zx the loudest screech ever had to wait the next day to start my car it was to late and loud, im driving it now because it only happens when I start it up for like a minute, sometimes I’ll rev it up to 3k and it will go away but when I’m driving don’t hear it unless I’m high rpm’s and when I up or down shift I’ll hear it sometimes but cold or warm start always screeches for like a minute so embarrassing when I drive places, maybe the waterpump pulley I suspect this because the nuts that go on the new waterpump pulley don’t really go on all the way but the clearance for the pulley itself doesn’t touch anything because I’ll drive completely fine, maybe a bad bearing, or loosened or to tightened belt,

Awhile ago blew my waterpump going into 4th gear high rpm’s (Of course) I recently replaced the belts aswell but I bought new ones anyways and I’ll tell you why… bought z1 waterpump and a 5 ton jaw puller (for the crankshaft pulley it helped leaving car on the ground, in nuetral, and spark plugs removed, to actually pull this thing out, make sure you leave the bolt barely in the threads so the bolt doesn’t catch it from coming out) a drill really helped getting the timing belt covers off and the coolant hard pipes. Anyways I took all that off radiator, clutch fan, waterpump pulley, all belts, crankshaft pulley, don’t forget CAS sensor, after all that replaced waterpump with gasket and maybe little bit of sealant. I checked if the crankshaft pulley had the half moon and it was on the actually bearing seperate from the pulley so I just put the pulley on all the way put the bolt on I don’t think I torqued it to spec but I impact drilled it then got a breaker bar and got it pretty tight, anyways I put all new belts on and filled car with coolant it that when it all started with the loud a** screech, I check and replaced all the belts again, someone please help me

Daspyda

My first guess is the belt is wrong size, or not tightened enough. I would also check the alignment of the pulleys in the the pulley seats are in on the same plane.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”