Lost Wheel key help!

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
anti_flag_army
Car: 91 Miata, 90 240sx coupe

Hey guys, I have had my friends car in my garage for a while now needing a bit of work, one thing keeping us from getting going is that he lost the key to his wheels. The lugs arn't all that strange, about 16mm and have 7 points. There are no splines or grooves. I have tried to get them off with hammering on a socket, and have gotten 2 off, while ruining 2 sockets in the process.

My next idea was to use one of those "Gator Grip" sockets. I successfully got off 3 lugs, but the others are so tight (damn you tire shop!) that it just will not get them off.

I figured I could find a key online to buy, but cant find any that look like my lugs. Any idea where to look? These dont have any brands on them to identify by either.

idahotuner
Car: 2012 ram 2500 6.7 cummins, 93 Sileighty and 93 civic hatch, polaris ranger 2011

do you know what type of lug nuts they are, should be able to use any general thin walled key

anti_flag_army
Car: 91 Miata, 90 240sx coupe

Obviously I do not know what type/brand they are. And I have searched every auto parts store locally, and searched online for hours and cannot find ANY lugs that match these.

snooppy

i dont think its gonna be much help but theres a tool called a wheel lug extractor. its name says it all. if its a very small area that ur tryin to get into then they wont work. but if u have some room to work with then thats just wat u need. i know u can pick up a set at sears but i dont know of any other places since i have a snap-on and matco truck that comes to me.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”