Lost keys, which i have never seen before

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Shohirev
Car: Nissan Rogue 2016

Hello! Help please. how to recognize my key looks like if I have never seen it before?
I bought my car from auction. The keys were lost.
I have just car and know VIN kode (KNMAT2MV6GP657075).
I even do not know the sequence which the key have to work to bay the key( :confused:

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

How they move the car?

Was it in an accident?

Pretty dumb to auction a car with no keys.

Anyways, it will be pretty expensive.

Go to your nissan dealership or try your local locksmith.

Both work, latter cheaper.

Better than a mechanical brick.

Good luck!

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

Buying a car from an auction with no keys is not unusual. You will need to go to a Nissan dealer and have a new key made and programmed. eBay does sell aftermarket keys however some dealers will not program them, check with a dealer first if you intend on trying that.

If you bought an auction car I hope your handy at fixing stuff, there is a reason the dealer sent the car to auction. Which in your case might just be no keys. Nissans however are known for their CVT transmission failures.

That’s not to say buying from an auction is not a good idea, just don’t expect to drive your new vehicle without going over it and fixing stuff.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

I admit when I was younger, I kinda thought an auction would be a goldmine for finding a nice used car.

Thinking of repos and people just not paying off their new vehicle after a few years paying it off from their bank.

But I also thought other car dealers would try to buy too.

Also confiscated cars by the police were being auctioned too, or that’s what I saw in the news at times. And real cheap.

Anyways, I never did buy any auctioned car or used for that matter during my lifetime.

And would never buy one without keys if I can’t even drive it away after buying one.

Let alone buying one at auction and not being present.

I’m into the old adage of letting a mechanic check a used car type.

Even if I had no mechanic, I want to know if it runs, and I can only gain a feel of this knowledge by being at the auction itself, if I ever want to part with my hard earned money for an auctioned vehicle.

I’m sure we can see if it was in a wreck or informed.

And I would want to know if their were keys before I bid.

And then I might gamble and toss my hat in the ring.

No offense to today’s instant gratification of buying things during our technologically advanced times.

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

Buying from an auction or buying a wrecked car or a car with some other known problem, means you have to be able to fix any issues that may present themselves. Definitely not for everyone.

Going over the car and sorting out problems is actually for me kinda fun and challenging. I just bought a car for one of my daughters with a broken timing belt, on an interference engine. Of course I had a used engine but that’s still a lot of work as opposed to walking on the lot and plunking down $25-$70 thousand that you don’t have and making monthly bribery payments to the bank so they won’t come and take their car away that they are allowing you to drive.

Wow I guess it’s pretty easy to figure out what I think about that.

Return to “Rogue Forum”