'Lost Birds' Time Attack Build

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
GroundForceOne
Car: Sharpie BCNR33

This has been going on for a couple months now. I figured I'd post it up in here for you all. I think this is like most projects where you just keep going more overboard. Enjoy!

I picked up a 1995 R33 GTR. It had 76,000KM, Greddy boost controller, HKS coilovers, 17" work wheels, ARC intake and few other things.. Nardi Wheel for instance. and now that I looked at the picture a Nismo 400R bodykit. haha

^not perfect, but I was happy. well, these are great cars but they are heavy. So I did some "stage 1" weight reduction on it, just to tide me over while I parts searched.

as you can see I pulled out the floormats, all of the trunk stuff (completely bare) speakers are gone, radio out, no grab handles, there was a nissan air purifier behind the backseat...????.. I also put on thinner socks. this is just basic "I don't want this" removal. well I made it to almost 50 KGs before it was over with, so I felt pretty good for spending zero dollars.

Continued below...

GroundForceOne

Well so far I haven't purchased many items, because frankly I'm having a hard time picking what direction to go with tuning, but I did purchase some wheels that I couldn't pass up.

Enkei NT-03 18x9.5 +15

And Japanese McDonald's girls know how to dress, as I've said before...

anyway, so an important part of what's about to come next needs to be explained. When I was searching for a GTR. I only was looking for Midnight Purple. I found two. one guy wouldn't come off his price, and the other wanted to know "what were my intentions with the car" etc etc.. what the hell. you sell car, I buy car.. that's how it worked I thought. Well I hate white cars, and silver is my second least desired. I settled on this car with repainting it in a "Time Attack" paint job from the start. While I chose a color scheme, I let my girlfriend draw over a scratch on the front bumper. it didn't matter.. I was repainting it anyway...

see the scratches?well the night got longer and...and then the sun started coming up..

continued....

GroundForceOne

So this is where it was like..... what do we do. 15 hours went into the front bumper all of a sudden and we felt an indebtedness to it. Well ideas got thrown around, and then..

..continued below

GroundForceOne

I drew some too...

Did I mention I love sunshine?

GroundForceOne

bought some lugnuts to match the GT-R logos, because being flashy is like 60% of winning.

GroundForceOne

finished the fender

and started the trunk

GroundForceOne

GroundForceOne

trunk, more done.

more body drawing.

also got the other front fender off

slowly but surely.

GroundForceOne

The drawing started on January 16th, probably will never endddddd.

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

Damn, dude. Your girl has some talent.

Got a question though. What are you doing with the HKS coilovers? Are you going to be replacing them? Are they in good shape?

How about the boost controller?

I've got a MP 95 V-Spec and looking for a decent set of used coilovers to get me down a little so I don't like a 4X4. I live in Saitama ken.

If you are interested in selling the coilovers, let me know how much you want or if you are looking for anything in particular for yours. I might have some spare stuff lying around.

USsil80

wow... i love it.... so jealous...but wow... i would leave the body drawing... just clear over it!!!

GroundForceOne

Gold Digger wrote:Damn, dude. Your girl has some talent.

Got a question though. What are you doing with the HKS coilovers? Are you going to be replacing them? Are they in good shape?

How about the boost controller?

I've got a MP 95 V-Spec and looking for a decent set of used coilovers to get me down a little so I don't like a 4X4. I live in Saitama ken.

If you are interested in selling the coilovers, let me know how much you want or if you are looking for anything in particular for yours. I might have some spare stuff lying around.
yes I'll be getting rid of the HKS coilovers. they are in okay shape for a DD but that it about it I would say. Once I get some new ones I can pull them out and take some pics for you and inspect them a little better. Either way, what kind of stuff do you have to get rid of?

I need seats, seat belts that aren't expired, cams, injectors, uprated fuel pump, splitfire coilpacks, Blitz? exhaust.. haven't really decided on that. I'm amazed this one still had the stock unit. I need a fuel cell, roll cage. haha. i could go on for a while I guess.

2WDrift
Car: 1991 nissan 240sx 2005 Ford Ranger

The artwork on the car is amazing! A+ cant wait to see the finished product.

GroundForceOne

thanks. Allison will appreciate hearing that. She went snowboarding today while I was at work so nothing has been done really. this weekend I'm hoping to get the trunk finished as well as the rest of the passenger side (not including the door)

GroundForceOne

here's today's update. Finished from the pillar all the way to the tail light above the first body line, and also removed the door so it could be inside with the heat while it's worked on.

Front

Back

Workshop

GroundForceOne

forgot about this. 100mm extension

J240sx
Car: 89 240sx

Nice car. At first I was thinking, why is she drawing on his Skyline.. And then after more pictures I didn't want her to stop. Cant wait to see it all done. Kind of reminds me of Timbaland's lamborghini.

[IMG][/IMG]
Modified by J240sx at 5:22 AM 2/13/2010

SteveRB240sx
Car: 1990 240sx -R32 RB26Dett powered.

Wow, thats great, ive never been into the R33, but that kit, and that design its just making that car look great. I cant wait to see the finished product.

r34 gtr
Car: 98 Frontier XE 4x4
95.5 Audi URS6 Avant 5spd
03 BMW 330i ZHP 6spd
89 240sx base CA18DET

Fabulous!!

Black on Gold

Dirty!

When i first saw her drawing on the panels i was praying you were going to let her continue

Send her another "Good Job" from me

Chattzx
Car: 90 Z32

wow please tell me you will clear over that it looks very awesome and unique

GroundForceOne

300zx4life wrote:wow please tell me you will clear over that it looks very awesome and unique
Thanks for the props guys! Yes it's going to be the permanent paint job for the car once it's done. clearcoat wax, extra insurance.. lol. there's already 77 hours into the drawings and the car is almost 40Q% done. :-/ New update later on! it's only 3PM here right now.

jbracy7
Car: 94 GTS TYPE-M in a dozen pieces

i have got to move to japan wat kind of nissan would $2.300 us get me?

GroundForceOne

honestly?? nothing worth buying unless you want a super fix me upper. 1989 R32 GTRs are still 3,800 and up. and really there's probably like 1 in Japan that 3,800. When you go on these sites and they show you a price, that doesn't include JCI most of the time (700US), or they just build it into the price and do the safety check for you, insurance (??/yr) <which you have to buy or you aren't getting too far. the other thing is gas is 5.50US a gallon here, and GTRs get 14-18MPG. That's my 2 cents anyway.

jbracy7
Car: 94 GTS TYPE-M in a dozen pieces

wow 3800+700+ins. thats about what a non working 89 300zx goes for here got u any jobs for welders over there

pedobear-lovin
Car: S14 KOUKI

subscribed

chukidrifter420
Car: 91 240sx

Wow this is sick! your girl has some talent. subscribing for sure!

GroundForceOne

chukidrifter420 wrote:Wow this is sick! your girl has some talent. subscribing for sure!
She said to tell you thanks for the compliment!

Trunk is finished!

Got her to write Skyline in Japanese

More to come.

visser003
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx Coupe

This is so awesome. Subscribed.

I can't wait to see the hood. Its going to be the center piece on this masterpiece.

spooled240
Car: kouki s14

this is so bada$$! But I'm wondering how permanent all this hard work is, are you gonna shoot some clear over it?

How much does your gf charge an hour? my car needs a few tattoos haha

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”