Loose / Defective Side Mirror Housing

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
QX60Dave
Car: 2015 QX60

Hi,

I am a new Infiniti owner and new to this site. I've had my 2015 QX60 for about 3 weeks and I took it to a car wash (full disclosure- standard car wash, not touchless). Unfortunately, not a good idea, as the driver's side mirror front exterior housing came loose during the wash and a small plastic clip was broken so it doesn't snap back in place quite the way it should. Fully understanding that car washes do occasionally damage cars, my feeling was that this would only happen if the housing was either defective or not properly seated (i.e. It was already loose or it wouldn't have detached). Of course the left mirror was unaffected. The dealer disagrees and says it's a $2,000 (!!!!) repair. No way to just order the two plastic pieces that make up the front exterior of the mirror. They must replace the entire mirror. I have seen some posted concerns on this and another site about loose and vibrating mirror housings but nothing exactly like this.

Any thoughts, suggestions would be appreciated.

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

Well, there are a few used mirrors on eBay, you might be able to replace the mirror yourself or get a local body shop to install it for you, shouldn't be more than a couple hours of labor.

You should be able to install the body color painted panel from your old mirror assembly if the mirrors available on eBay are not the same color as yours.

If you do go this route, make sure you get the LH side mirror for the driver's side...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=20 ... m&_sacat=0

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”