LOOKY HERE!!! A Nissan fix for the dirt/scratches under our doors!!!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
mistergib
Car: 2008 Silver Nissan Rogue AWD SL

Looks like Nissan may have started preventing the scratches underthe doors of the Rogues NOW coming off the assembly line...the following is a post from the other Rogue forum, check it... this memberposted the following:

"I read the whole thread and then I returned to my car, anxious to see where I was with this.When I opened the door... Ouff, they did something to it.

They solve the problem by putting plastic stripes on the threshold of the car, front and back doors.

I forgot to take pictures during the weekend, but I will try to do it tonight and show you the changes.

I hope that now, they will call you back or at least do the improvement at the next oil change."

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Well I guess I should've been a little more patient and waited for Nissan to address the problem, instead of spending 50 bucks on the 3M paint film which I used to cover the affected areas. I would guess that by the time I go for my oil change in July they will be offering to fix the problem.

If you could post pics of the solution that Nissan is using on the new Rogues that would be much appreciated, I'm really curious to see what they came up with. Thanks a lot.

mistergib

...well, there's nothing for us yet....I've already done the clear-bra stripstoo....it may be quite a while before anything is offered to us currentowners.

There were no pics on the other forum as yet....when he puts some outthere, I will post them on this site too....

RubenTheRogue
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD

So should I ask for this when I go in for my first oil change?

silverice24
Car: 2008 Rogue S AWD- Silver Ice

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how recent the Rogue has to be to be considered "now coming off the assembly line"? I just purchased a Rogue yesterday and will be picking it up on Thursday from the dealer. I am hoping that mine is new enough...

mistergib

silverice24 wrote:Out of curiosity, does anyone know how recent the Rogue has to be to be considered "now coming off the assembly line"? I just purchased a Rogue yesterday and will be picking it up on Thursday from the dealer. I am hoping that mine is new enough...
...just check the bottom of your bodys door frames, not doors, andsee if there is now a plastic strip running the length of the dooropening....if its there, then you're golden! Let us know if you havethe plastic strips....

philipa_240sx

silverice24 wrote:Out of curiosity, does anyone know how recent the Rogue has to be to be considered "now coming off the assembly line"? I just purchased a Rogue yesterday and will be picking it up on Thursday from the dealer. I am hoping that mine is new enough...
Check the ID sticker on the lower B pillar... you will see it as soon as the drivers side door is opened. The month and year of mfg. are listed. The dealer might be able to tell you more. Remember, the Rogue has to be shipped across the Pacific from the plant in Japan. This will take some time.

mistergib

philipa_240sx wrote:
Check the ID sticker on the lower B pillar... you will see it as soon as the drivers side door is opened. The month and year of mfg. are listed. The dealer might be able to tell you more. Remember, the Rogue has to be shipped across the Pacific from the plant in Japan. This will take some time.
...well, you're correct about the location of the mfg date, but the problemis that we do not know the mfg date when they first started installing thenew plastic strips, thats why the only real way of knowing is by looking forthe presence of the strips on your Rogue....(the dealers, for the most part, still don't have a clue about our problem!)

Roguemonster
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD (Iridium Graphite)

Are we sure that what this guy was looking at was actually done by Nissan, and not the dealer he bought it from?

mistergib

Roguemonster wrote:Are we sure that what this guy was looking at was actually done by Nissan, and not the dealer he bought it from?
the uneasy answer to that is "no".....the above was his exact quote,but, as stated, he did not include pictures, (for us to verify)....and, Idoubt that the dealer would have done it on his own without beingprodded by the customer, which he wasn't. (Most dealers still are not aware of this problem)There's always that possibility that this guy wasn't even looking at the correct problem area, only pictures will tell.....

He is supposed to supply some pics???

tw34k
Car: 2007 350Z Enthusiast - Solar Orange***2008 Rogue SL-FWD ( NOT Rouge ) First Rogue Sold in Tacoma /

Well...The 3M clear Tape seems like an easy enough and viable solution for the problem so far....But what if the paint is worn thru showing bare metal...Do you think they will have it touched up before taping, or just tape over it so the damage doesn't continue?

silverice24
Car: 2008 Rogue S AWD- Silver Ice

mistergib wrote:
...just check the bottom of your bodys door frames, not doors, andsee if there is now a plastic strip running the length of the dooropening....if its there, then you're golden! Let us know if you havethe plastic strips....
I'll let you all know either way on Thursday. If they are there, I will post pictures.

lrich524

I bought a SL AWD loaded three weeks ago and it has the black plastic strips.

PCY

Well, snap a picture or two, please. I still don't know what the fuss is all about.

Appreciate it.

-Peter-
lrich524 wrote:I bought a SL AWD loaded three weeks ago and it has the black plastic strips.

boooey

PCY wrote:Well, snap a picture or two, please. I still don't know what the fuss is all about.

Appreciate it.

-Peter-
I am with Peter.. will someone PLEASE take a freakin picture!! I bought my Rogue in late January, and do not see any dirt scratching issues anywhere on my botton door frame. I really have no idea on what you guys are talking about, but I am concerned about the problem.All of these posts and multiple threads for this issue and i have yet to see a picture of the actual problem or the so called solution.

mistergib

He just posted some pictures on the other forum.....our bubble hasnow been popped......

He was a new owner, and got confused as to what our problem was...what he thought was a fix for our problem were just the standard blackplastic kick plates.....he didn't understand where our scratches wereactually occurring.Whats ironic is that the pictures he posted showing the kickplates,unknown to him, also showed scratches starting on his door frame too....

I have since instructed him correctly.....so, nevermind about the fix, we are all still impatiently waiting on Nissan....

mistergib

boooey wrote:

I am with Peter.. will someone PLEASE take a freakin picture!! I bought my Rogue in late January, and do not see any dirt scratching issues anywhere on my botton door frame. I really have no idea on what you guys are talking about, but I am concerned about the problem.All of these posts and multiple threads for this issue and i have yet to see a picture of the actual problem or the so called solution.
Go to the following link for pictures..:

zerothread/331851

boooey

mistergib wrote:
Go to the following link for pictures..:

zerothread/331851
thanks!!

philipa_240sx

boooey wrote:I bought my Rogue in late January, and do not see any dirt scratching issues anywhere on my botton door frame. I really have no idea on what you guys are talking about, but I am concerned about the problem.
You likely will not see the problem in warmer parts of the southern US. In snowy parts of the Northern US and Canada, a lot of road salt and sand is being used during the winter. This sand and salt gets trapped between the weatherstipping and paint and causes the scratches.

mistergib

philipa_240sx wrote:
You likely will not see the problem in warmer parts of the southern US. In snowy parts of the Northern US and Canada, a lot of road salt and sand is being used during the winter. This sand and salt gets trapped between the weatherstipping and paint and causes the scratches.
...whoops, sorry guy, but I must respectfully disagree....here in Denver,we don't use salt, so thats not a problem....We do use sand, but me being retired, my Rogue stays in the garage in the nasty weather whensand would be used....When mine only had 500 miles on the clock, (6 months ago), and with nobad weather, (no sand or salt, etc.), I already had the scratches on thefront door frames, the rears were still scratch free. So, this will also bea problem, (maybe not as severe), in the warmer climates too.....As long asthe front wheels throw up debris of ANY KIND, (which is geographically everywhere), that gets under the doors, this problem will exist....

philipa_240sx

I agree, the scratching does not completely dissappear. I should restate, that the problem may not be as severe in warmer climates that do not use road salt.

mistergib

philipa_240sx wrote:I agree, the scratching does not completely dissappear. I should restate, that the problem may not be as severe in warmer climates that do not use road salt.
....aaah, well stated! that stink'n salt accelerates the rust'n fer sure!

asia2
Car: 2008 NIssan Rogue SL AWD

Since Rogue has a twin brother in Europe, I 've decided to check Qashqai (spelling?) forums there as well.Qasqhai has a slighly different body design with wide plastic side moldings but the doors still extended all the way down. Guess what?! A lot of people complain about dirt packing under the doors!! Sad news is that there is still no fix from Nissan and the car has been in Europe for at least year longer...

mistergib

asia2 wrote:Since Rogue has a twin brother in Europe, I 've decided to check Qashqai (spelling?) forums there as well.Qasqhai has a slighly different body design with wide plastic side moldings but the doors still extended all the way down. Guess what?! A lot of people complain about dirt packing under the doors!! Sad news is that there is still no fix from Nissan and the car has been in Europe for at least year longer...
...well crap! I tell y'all now....better go ahead and do one of the fixes,either the added weatherseal or the clear-bra strips, now while you stillhave some paint left and before the rust sets in...

It doesn't look promising for a Nissan fix any time soon.....
Modified by mistergib at 11:51 AM 5/13/2008

philipa_240sx

I am posting an update in the sticky... please read:

zerothread/331851

jrmas
Car: Nissan Rogue sl awd

I read the forums bacame concerned and also thought that Nissan solved the problem by placing the rubber weather stripping on the bottom of the doors. This did not solve the problem. I have had my Rogue for only a week with the plastc stripping attached I STLL HAVE THE scratches on the bottom. I notified my Nissan dealer who is currently looking at other ways to solve the problem. THE PLASTC/RUBBER WEATHER STRIPPING THEAT CAME WITH MY ROGUE DOES NOT WORK

philipa_240sx

If you are referring to the black weatherstripping on the bottom edge of the door, all Rogues have this.

AFAIK, Nissan has not released a fix nor have they changed the weatherstripping design on any newer Rogues.

Keep an eye out for updates on my sticky regarding this issue at the top of the forum. I am working directly with both the dealer and Nissan Canada to help them find a fix for this issue. As soon as I hear anything, it will be posted on this forum. Stay tuned!

Return to “Rogue Forum”