Looking to upgrade 2009 Altima Sound System

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
lebewohl

I've been looking to upgrade the sound system in my 2009 Altima 2.5 S sedan ever since I got the car. I got the following speakers for gifts in the past that I never installed:

Polk Audio DB651 and DB5251

So I'd like to build a system around them. I'm a former musician and have had high end audio equipment for most of my life. Sound quality is paramount. On the other hand, I don't want to spend too much. I don't mind spending a premium on home audio equipment (have all Rega at home) that I plan on holding onto for decades but that's probably not going to be the case for my car's sound system. I have a wide variety of music but I primarily listen to classical, jazz (mostly bebop and post-bop), and Motown. I've narrowed down some possibilities. Please let me know your thoughts.

Head Unit - Need cd, bluetooth, plays well with both Iphones and Android phones (Samsung Galaxy S4), has a high quality DAC chip like one of the better Wolfson or Burr Brown chips.

Pioneer 80prs and JVC Arsenal seem to be the best matches. Have also heard good things about Alpine, Clarion and Kenwood Excellon

Amplifier - again, high quality but not too pricey.

Rockford Fosgate Punch P400.4, Solid4 Focal or JL Audio JX360/4

Your thoughts?

lebewohl

bump

beerbudget
Car: 2011 Altima 2.5S

The DB651 was my top candidate too but I read its tweeter may stick up out too high for the door panel.

I'm about to install the following:
Pioneer FH-X700BT CD receiver
Pioneer GM-D8604 amp
JBL GTO638 fronts
JBL GTO938 rears
Will let you know how they work.

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”