Looking to lower my 04 G35 Coupe Slightly. Springs/shocks or coilovers?

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
fcp4life

Looking to drop my 2004 G35 Coupe 6mt (brembos) which i believe has the sport suspension? the 18" wheels leave quite the gap, however, i am looking for some 19" rays. Id like to lower the car slightly and more stiff like a 350z. Will oem 350z suspension be a direct fit and will it lower the coupe? should I just get all new shocks/struts and springs since I wont be adjusting that much. or should i just get a good set of coils to streamline this whole process? I have been looking into the
H&R 53055 / KW Variant 1 V1

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

I can't definitively answer the questions about if 350z suspension bolts right up, but I want to say it does.
I've done both springs/shocks as well as coilovers and I have to say coilovers is the way to go. You can dial the car in to exactly how you want it and installation is a good bit easier.

TurboSauce
Car: 2006 G35 coupe, 2018 Mazda CX-9

It depends on your goals for the car the best mod you should do.

Yes 350z springs "bolt on" to the G35 chassis. iirc it is about a 1" drop that is gained with 350z factory springs.
Tein makes/(made?) lowering springs for the v35 chassis S techs and H techs both are good for a nice drop in height without sacrificing ride quality.

However, coilovers for this car can either be in two forms true coilover where the factory spring bucket is eliminated (this will require you to purchase adjustable rear control arms and toe arms to replace the spring bucket, but this combination gives you full adjustability as the vehicle goes lower.

The factory style coilover (separate spring and struts) are also good yet when lowering the vehicle the factory alignment bolts will not be able to bring your car into proper alignment specs (after a 2 inch drop iirc)

The best coilovers/most popular for this chassis tend to be BC coilovers, they're better bang for your buck and are decent in ride quality. KW also makes a good offering in addition to Fortune Auto.. Keep your eyes peeled and search this forum and other Z forums as there is quite a bit of good information out there already

fcp4life

TurboSauce wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:24 am
It depends on your goals for the car the best mod you should do.

Yes 350z springs "bolt on" to the G35 chassis. iirc it is about a 1" drop that is gained with 350z factory springs.
Tein makes/(made?) lowering springs for the v35 chassis S techs and H techs both are good for a nice drop in height without sacrificing ride quality.

However, coilovers for this car can either be in two forms true coilover where the factory spring bucket is eliminated (this will require you to purchase adjustable rear control arms and toe arms to replace the spring bucket, but this combination gives you full adjustability as the vehicle goes lower.

The factory style coilover (separate spring and struts) are also good yet when lowering the vehicle the factory alignment bolts will not be able to bring your car into proper alignment specs (after a 2 inch drop iirc)

The best coilovers/most popular for this chassis tend to be BC coilovers, they're better bang for your buck and are decent in ride quality. KW also makes a good offering in addition to Fortune Auto.. Keep your eyes peeled and search this forum and other Z forums as there is quite a bit of good information out there already
The more I search the more frustrating it becomes. People are saying that the 350z springs on the G35 lower the front while the back stays the same height. Should I be avoiding the lowering spring kits that are progressive and find a set of linear springs. The Tein s-techs sound good but im concerned that the drop is way too much

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”