Looking to Lease Soon!

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
Krhamm

Hello everyone, I am going to test drive the 2017 Q60/Q50 RS400 models tomorrow and I can’t wait. I’m currently driving a 2014 370z Touring with the sport package and wanted to add a backseat while not losing power or fun.

I have a few questions, this will be my first lease and am not 100% sold on leases. If you don’t mind, share the option you chose(lease/buy) and how much you were able to talk the dealer down from the asking price.

Also, are there any major changes to the 2018 models that should warrant me to wait until they hit the lot?

Lastly, is this the most active forum for the Q60/Q50s or is there another place I should also check out?

Thanks a lot guys and I look forward to learning about this car from everyone here!

-Keith

BlueSleeper
Car: 2017 Iridium Blue Q50 RS400

I purchased. I was able to negotiate 10k off the sticker. I have never done a lease b/c I tend to keep cars at least 7 years. Based on the number of responses to your question, you can see this forum is a relative ghost town. Infinitiq50.org has a little more action, but not much.
-

Krhamm

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. I went and test drove both today and am still on the fence. I enjoyed both, but am leaning toward to Q50 RS400 due to the extra room in the backseat. I would rather get what I really want and go with the 2dr, haha.

I've got them down to close what I want for the lease, but I keep thinking about purchasing due to the itches I get to modify the cars I own. Ugh, decisions decisions.

Thanks, I'll check out the other forum.

BlueSleeper
Car: 2017 Iridium Blue Q50 RS400

You will enjoy either the coupe or sedan. If you like to modify more than cat back exhaust, you'll probably be happier buying. However there are some who like to lease em, mod em, abuse em and give em back. I just got my Q50 Red Sport. I am patiently waiting to complete the break-in before I hustle it. I have an order in with Fast Intentions for their cat back and down pipe. I am also interested in a strap on solution by Berger Tuning that overwrites the engine mapping and allows 3 additional psi boost on the RS and is easily removable and does not leaving the potential warranty voiding footprints of an ECU overwrite. I think all these would push the output HP and torque well above 400 at the wheels. I've look at a number of dyno plots that show this car having a torque and HP peak below 6000 rpm when evaluating some particular modification. The guys at specialtyZ have suggested the limiting factor is the small turbos.

I don't want to make my car a race car, but like the sleeper aspect. If I can do a few relatively inexpensive bolt-ons and get an extra 100hp, I'll be more than happy.

The next problem is getting all that power to the ground. I would like a Quaife or Wavetrack limiited slip diff. Neither makes a diff for our car. I am hoping there would be enough interest to get them motivated to tackle the Q.

Krhamm

Your plan sounds amazing, I could see myself doing the same things, if I can do it and return to factory without issue before turning back in. So tell me, why did you choose the RWD vs AWD?

RS400
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport

Basically, if you keep your vehicles for 4+ years... buying is the way to go. If however you tend to get a new(er) vehicle every 2-3 years, and don't mind the idea of always having a monthly car note... then leasing is a great option of staying in a new car with a lower payment. I lease my Red Sport, negotiated down the capitalized cost and paid a fairly nice chunk to buy down the note even more... and now my monthly note is only $200 more than what I was previously paying for a used Certified Pre-Owned G37 (which I was purchasing outright, not leasing). My salesperson saw what my monthly note was going to be and said "Wow, that's way lower than I thought"

If you go the lease route, you still negotiate down the price like you would any other purchase... and putting a down payment makes a bigger impact than if you were to purchase and pay over 5-6 years, for example.

ca18det_boy

BlueSleeper wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:42 pm
Based on the number of responses to your question, you can see this forum is a relative ghost town. Infinitiq50.org has a little more action, but not much.
-
NICO is actually a very active forum. Just because someone wasn't able to immediately answer the question doesn't mean anything.

With that being said, I personally am against leasing. From what I know, they put too many restrictions on mileage and maintenance with them. Plus in the long run you don't get any benefit out of it. I would rather just take out a loan I didn't have the cash on hand. Make the payments and then if I ever wanted to sell it I could actually get some sort of return on it. With a lease you don't get anything back and you're just out of pocket.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”