Looking to get into Drifting. Cars Wanted..

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
iNfinitiNBeYond
Car: 06 Qx56

Hello 240sx/180sx/Silvia Owners!

I am gonna be getting into drifting.... I hear that the car of choice is 240's... Looking to buy ASAP. Will be at the Evergreen Drift tomorrow to check out cars and the class they offer. Any tips on what to look for? Would like to purchase stock and most likely modify it to my taste. But price is not an issue if the built is right.. Also the pros & cons of AE86 Toyota...Besides its a Toyota.... Thanks. Look forward to your comments.

simmode1
Car: Red '95 S14

iNfinitiNBeYond wrote:I am gonna be getting into drifting.... I hear that the car of choice is 240's...
:facepalm: Is this serious?

Look, there's tons of suitable cars. Not just 240's. Just find something RWD and that has decent aftermarket support. Then go get some track time before you start modifying anything.

badbob2121
Car: 92 S13 Hatch ELLIS JUAN, 12 Mustang GT RTR

:picard:

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

240sxAli4Life
Car: 1990 S13 Hatch SOHC... SOLD :(
1993 S13 Hatch DOHC!! Super Sexy!!

Wow. Get something cheap and stock first. Dont get anything too powerful. Its best to learn how to drift with a less powerful car, and work your way up! But anything, light and RWD with a good suspension setup is good. 240s, ae86s, miatas, rx-7s, 240 260 and 280z. Datsun 510 sr20 :)!

Lobo240sx
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx Coupe SR2.35DET Redtop Build

^ All those plus an El Camino. Those are bad a** drift cars too. People don't think about them so more of a sleeper since it is a domestic. A guy a few years back placed 3rd overall against Miatas, 240sx's. Dude was a very good driver. People's jaws were dropping lol. Including mine heheee. :crazy:

iNfinitiNBeYond

Thanks for all the feedbacks. Just a lil bit of more info.. I'm looking for more specifics thats all.. I have driven or even owned most of these cars but have never taken it to the drifting capacity... Not to say I havent... jus not Legally.... LoL. I m pretty familiar with domestic cars.. I had recently owned a dodge with a hemi... That sucker was a Beast... I have owned From a Pontiac Fiero to a Qx56 which I had also done a lil drifting fun.. especially in the snow...Have owned at least 10 to 15 cars in between... But looking to get into the Grass Roots Game and if good enuf Pro series... I have been doing quite a bit of research and my choice of vehicles so far in mind is:( and keep in mind something I wouldnt mind crashin and cheaper parts to maintain)

* Honda S2000 AP1 okay..
*Mazda Rx7 93-94( owned an 89)
*Toyota Ae86 loved the size(ownd Celica)
*S13 S15 Silvia style
*Skyline Japanese edition..
*Toyota Supra
*toyota MR2
*Lexus Sc400 hard to find 5 spd
*300z Fairlady
Eventually Upgrade:
NSX
370z Nismo
M3
SRT8s
RX8 R3
STIs
Evo's

Well, Just an idea of where Im going with this drifting buz.. Thanks again. And plse no negative douche bag comments... Im not new to the game of Loving cars and how they are not only a major contributing factor to my life cuz I gets mo a** than u can burn Rubber... Get it .. Burn Rubber.. LoL. Well, newayz.. Thanks again.

ashibah83
Car: 93 SUPA BLACK COUPE

what is a "skyline japanese edition"?

i thought all Skylines were "japanese editions"......

Dittoz7
Car: 1997 2f0WtY SE!

American Edition

simmode1

iNfinitiNBeYond wrote:*Lexus Sc400 hard to find 5 spd.
This is what I would pick. It's the most Adult car that's cheap & suitable for drifting, IMO. Hit up ClubLexus.com for the DIY 5spd conversion. Straightpipes with Borla exhaust is so nice. And you have the exclusivity of having the only Japanese RWD coupe sold with a factory V8, while others are scrambling to swap V8's into their cars. Plus there's the fact that it's chassis is REALLY closely related to the MKIV Supra, so you know the chassis is good & strong for its age...

240sxAli4Life

ashibah83 wrote:what is a "skyline japanese edition"?

i thought all Skylines were "japanese editions"......
hahaha lol yea i was wondering the same thing??? :crazy:

240sxAli4Life

Dittoz7 wrote:American Edition

??????????????????????????????????????????????????? :wtf2: :wtf2: :wtf2:

costa_rican13
Car: 1993 s13 coupe

yea the g35's are american skylines. notice the tailights are somewhat similar as far the double ring brake lights.

ashibah83
Car: 93 SUPA BLACK COUPE

yeah i know that, but NOTHING from Nissan was ever offered in the U.S. under the "skyline" name, now we have the GT-R, technically a Skyline, but thats about it

s13sickboi
Car: 1997 Nissan Hardbody XE

Please for God's sake stay away from 240s while you start out drifting. There are already enough "fanboys" destroying s-chassis for future generations, look how rare ae86's are thanks to the drift craze. NO ONE just starts out a drift king. You lose control and crash plenty of times. Ive had enough close calls with my semi-clean rust-free s13 to call off "drifting" till I can have a pro or experienced instructor with me. And whatever you do STAY OFF THE STREETS!!

But good luck with your quest. be safe. :werd:
Last edited by s13sickboi on Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

simmode1

^^^ :werd: Unmolested 240's are so hard to find nowadays because of ppl who think it's the only or best car for drifting/being torn up by noobs... Get something with better performance by thinking outside the box. My top two votes are the Lexus SC or the BMW E36. But I'm also partial to the Porsche 944...

Just look at these sexy fenders, just begging for flush fitment! :naughty:

SX APPEAL
Car: 06 G35 Coupe 6MT
95 Maxima SE 5MT

iNfinitiNBeYond wrote:And plse no negative douche bag comments... Im not new to the game of Loving cars and how they are not only a major contributing factor to my life cuz I gets mo a** than u can burn Rubber... Get it .. Burn Rubber.. LoL. Well, newayz.. Thanks again.
If you didn't want any douche bag comments, you shouldn't have come in here with the douche bag attitude. Honestly I'm surprised people are being as helpful as they are...

I'm out

pj
Car: 95 s14

iNfinitiNBeYond wrote: * Honda S2000 AP1 okay..
*Mazda Rx7 93-94( owned an 89)
*Toyota Ae86 loved the size(ownd Celica)
*S13 S15 Silvia style
*Skyline Japanese edition..
*Toyota Supra
*toyota MR2
*Lexus Sc400 hard to find 5 spd
*300z Fairlady
Eventually Upgrade:
NSX
370z Nismo
M3
SRT8s
RX8 R3
STIs
Evo's

Well, Just an idea of where Im going with this drifting buz.. Thanks again. And plse no negative douche bag comments... Im not new to the game of Loving cars and how they are not only a major contributing factor to my life cuz I gets mo a** than u can burn Rubber... Get it .. Burn Rubber.. LoL. Well, newayz.. Thanks again.
well, first things first, you will need a manual transmission...good luck with that in a mopar. no really, good luck.
and why bother buying a 20+ thousand dollar car when you are going to crash it..dont say oh but i drifted on snow and illegally..so what? you WILL crash at some point...so do it in a car you can strip and toss afterwards.
s2000= requires much suspension work as well as some custom steering work from an rx7...if you cant do that, dont bother.
FD rx7= great cars, beautiful...but if you dont have money for a new motor, cooling work perhaps a vmount..and well..more money...forget it. nopistons.com for more info.
ae86=*edit* light, nimble, great aftermarket support. high drift tax...thousands for a rusted pos..no thanks. club4ag.com for more info.
s13= great platform, leave facelifts out of it because as i said..you will crash. maybe facelift after a crash like most people like to do. they need a few things which can be found on this site.
mr2= stop while youre ahead and leave them alone. you want to drift remember...not throw the a** out and into oncoming trees/cars/walls/people/cats/dogs...yes they suck for drifting.
skyline "japanese version"=sure whatever bro.
Lexus Sc400 "hard to find 5 spd"= then find an sc300...they came with 5speed...and are still rare.
300z Fairlady=no
NSX=do not destroy one...i'll find you.
370z Nismo=itd look nice and be fun and be retardedly expensive and heavy, 350z is same way...great, but a fat pig. wouldnt kick it out of bed but i wouldnt be satisfied either, for the money.
911= are you kidding me? no...youll go bankrupt.
M3=great platform...but see above.
SRT8s=no
RX8 R3=no torque...no fun, many will disagree...having driven an rx8...i was not impressed.
STIs=awd...sure you want to drift? if so plan on breaking stuff underneath this car and replacing it. its expensive. and awd is a pain in the a** to work on, i do love subaru however. do what you will on this one.
Evo's=see above. only real diff other than looks is the sti can be dumped at redline and take it like a champ...the evo is a lil more pissy about it. also evo has computer controlled diff where sti has mech. diffs...i think they still do anyway.

hope i answered your questions and wasnt a douche about it.

p.s. coming on here talking of douches is a good way to get set on fire here, aside from stupid questions..."japanese edition" is making me giggle :chuckle:

OutToWinPAHC
Car: 2015 Silverado, R33 GTST, R32 GTR, RB20 E46 RHD, 2015 Harley Vrod Muscle, 1990 Nissan Patrol

Moving

iNfinitiNBeYond

LMAO!!!... Much Appreciated Guys.... I guess it could seem like i was coming off as a douche myself huh... No harm intended... Had to deal with alot of Craigslist's Flakes lately... Internet can be an attraction for alot of criminal activities..ya know... I guess i was settn myself up for that....

PJ... Yeah.. Bro... Thats what Im talking about Brother! Thanks for the detailed comments.... Details .. Details...wow..
Yeah.. But truly thanks guys for the comments & Comedy... Again thank you. I really am glad I had joined this site though.. NICO members in this site has been very informative.....

Oh... Yeah.. Japenese Edition... You know what I mean guys..... I see some of the peeps do too... Not only, cars in Japan are all right side drivers....but I'm pretty sure they have different engines & specs than we do in the US.. Can correct me if Im wrong.. Here we have hondas and Acuras... Nissan and Infiniti... Toyota and Lexus.... GMC and Cadillac as well as Ponitac, Saturn.. and crap... newayz... Cars that are in US that are just for markup.... ya know... Thanks again.. Really Helpful...
Thanks PJ.....

See you on the track....

pj
Car: 95 s14

NICO is a great site, i frequented a few others but always am on this one. people actually answer threads and theres a ton, A TON of threads on just about anything nissan related. there are some serious folks but it usually ends up in somthing funny, so thats good too.
yes, japanese market cars offered more in the way of options and cool little things, many motors are offered there that are not offered here, s chassis vehicles are the perfect example of this type of stupidity...but it is what it is and the KA has proven itself time and again, so no big deal there. we also get underpowered models of the same car, and crappier interior usually. for instance, jdm hondas with the same engine, have slightly more hp figures, just the way it is. the jdm bumpers are also much better looking, always.

things can always be purchased but the trend is falling off because ***holes are charging stupid high prices for junk, ooohh but its jdm junk tho!!! haha its just B.S.

stick around nico, great site, good people. and theres actually useful s*** here instead of a billion threads about "yo looking mah hella flush slammed car im pretending not to care about but get pissed when no one gives a s***" type of threads haha

240sxAli4Life

s13sickboi wrote:Please for God's sake stay away from 240s while you start out drifting. There are already enough "fanboys" destroying s-chassis for future generations, look how rare ae86's are thanks to the drift craze. NO ONE just starts out a drift king. You lose control and crash plenty of times. Ive had enough close calls with my semi-clean rust-free s13 to call off "drifting" till I can have a pro or experienced instructor with me. And whatever you do STAY OFF THE STREETS!!

But good luck with your quest. be safe. :werd:
I 100% agree with everything you just said! ^^ :dblthumb:

240sxAli4Life

We need to make the s-chassis cars last!! My brother even wants one and he is 7. How the Fu*K will he be able to get one if so many peole F**K them up!!

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”