Looking to by an FX35 and need advice.............

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
Chris Wro
Car: 95 Ford Thunderbird

Hello to the forums! Liking what I'm seeing and reading about the FX35, and still researching. With the present economic situation has there been any indication by Nissan Infiniti of incentives to purchase the 2009 FX35, any indication of price reduction? Anything to avoid, be aware of or take advantage of when purchasing the FX35? Any particular forum I should be reading? Yes I've been using the search feature but still need to ask.

Thanks in advance for your time and patience.

Chris...........................

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Chris Wro wrote:Hello to the forums! Liking what I'm seeing and reading about the FX35, and still researching. With the present economic situation has there been any indication by Nissan Infiniti of incentives to purchase the 2009 FX35, any indication of price reduction? Anything to avoid, be aware of or take advantage of when purchasing the FX35? Any particular forum I should be reading? Yes I've been using the search feature but still need to ask.

Thanks in advance for your time and patience.

Chris...........................
Welcome to NICOclub, glad to have you here in the FX Forum!

You will LOVE the '09 FX35. The 7-speed auto is amazing! Nissan/Infiniti's fiscal year ends in March, so this is truly the best time to buy a Nissan product. Work the dealers and you should come out with a fantastic deal. Good luck!

Chris Wro

Hello and thanks Timmbo!

Any chance that fiscal year end will result in some formal announcement posted in the forums? Curious if anyone has some advice regarding 'working the dealers'? I don't trust them much.

Chris...................

Chris Wro

Am a little disappointed in the responses? I would think within the collective experiences of all the Infiniti FX35 owners on this forum somebody could share some purchase advice.

Chris.......................

azfx35
Car: '07 FX35

I'm not sure there are a lot of '09 owners here yet. I have a used '07 that I like a lot. I love to give free advice but it wouldn't be very helpful on a new '09. I suspect there aren't a lot of sales of the new one in this economy.

Chris Wro

azfx35 wrote:I'm not sure there are a lot of '09 owners here yet. I have a used '07 that I like a lot. I love to give free advice but it wouldn't be very helpful on a new '09. I suspect there aren't a lot of sales of the new one in this economy.
Thanks

Guess I should have been a little more specific in I ment the purchase of any model within the FX family for past model years.

Chris.............

azfx35
Car: '07 FX35

All the FXs seem to have good ratings. I would buy an FX35 over a 45. The performance difference isn't as great as the price difference. If you want a slightly more comfortable ride, get one with 18's. The 07 & I think the 06 have really good standard equipment including backup camera. Try to get one with Bluetooth/Ipod options. I don't have it & wish I did.

I would think all dealers are hurting right now so you should get a fairly good deal.

Almost forgot. One of the best things about the FX is the handling. As close to car like as I have seen, especially in this price range.

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Nissan's fiscal year ending will really have no effect on the purchase of a pre-owned FX. However, you can rest assured that dealers are certainly hurting right now, and willing to do whatever it takes to move a vehicle. Try and find a few vehicles at different dealers you are interested in, http://www.cars.com really is helpful. Good luck in your search, post up any more questions you have along the way.

Chris Wro

Timmbo wrote:Nissan's fiscal year ending will really have no effect on the purchase of a pre-owned FX. However, you can rest assured that dealers are certainly hurting right now, and willing to do whatever it takes to move a vehicle. Try and find a few vehicles at different dealers you are interested in, http://www.cars.com really is helpful. Good luck in your search, post up any more questions you have along the way.
Thanks for that Timmbo.

kieranlavin
Car: Coupla cars

From what I'm seeing and hearing there really aren't any deals on the 09s and it doesn't seem like Nissan/Infiniti is willing to work all THAT much.

Your best best is to go for a used FX. As was mentioned 06-08 have the better display. For the backup and keyless you'll want the tech package. The ipod is easily added and I think the bluetooth was part of the touring package or something like that.

As far as 35 vs 45, test drive each back-to-back to form your own opinion. When I was looking to buy, I got so many contrasting opinions that I went out and checked them out back-to-back. The one big factor though is if you're planning on modifying vs stock. If you want some decent power and you don't want to be tinkering with it, get the 45. If you want to modify it and make it fast (in some FI cases faster than a 45) get a 35. I would disagree with AZFX35 about the difference in performance of a 45 over a 35 but we all have our own opinions and that's why I'm suggesting you test drive each of them before making your decision. In my opinion the 35 is plenty of power to move the car around. I just happened to like and want more. I tend to be a creature of excess

amesitiy2k
Car: Infiniti FX 35

We recently bought a low mileage 2004 FX35 and love it. Very surprised by all the features and power this car has. It totally rivals the 08 Lexus my inlaws have and the 35 is a lot cheaper!We really like that it rides like a car and is low riding and not a high riding SUV too. Plus the service dept is a dream where we are. Not sure if it's that way at all Infiniti dealers but I have a feeling it is.

-A

miata007
Car: 2009 Cube 6sp, 2005 G35 sedan

One of the weak point of a FX when campared to 08 RX is interiors.Infiniti has been subpar for a while in that department.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”