Looking to buy, some questions

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Irish Death
Car: 2008 Altima 3.5SE, 2001 Audi A4, 1985 Toyota Supra

So after going through several test drives, and going to do an all day test drive on a 09 Rogue SL AWD Premium Package this saturday, I need to know some things.

1. Is there a way to disable the speed-sense auto lock (damn annoying) 2. I live in Washington State, I currently drive an 06 Maliboo Maxx (Yes i know its Malibu). With That i Drive over Snoqualmie 2x a month, so needless to say I put on about 30000 miles a year. My question is how does the rogue perform uphill, i don't want weak acceleration up a hill. 3. What is the thing you hate/Don't Like the most about the Rogue?4. Has anyone approached any aftermarket performance/accessories places to see if they would be more willing to make parts for the Rogue, I've done this several times with my 85 Supra, we do group buys to Vendors that normally don't make items for that car, but if you get 25+ people (depending on item, occassionally we've had to get 50-100 people) they will make that item for the car. Has anyone done this?5. If I start making a CAI kit what is the interest? I have some good fabrication connections and would like to see parts get made for a car I'll be driving. 6. I know they are based on the same platform as the Altima, has anyone checked (and I mean REALLY COMPARED SIDE TO SIDE) some of the suspension parts, sway bars, and so on, I realize they are most likely different, but they could be close enough to modify.7. Does anyone do any towing with these. And how much? I will be towing a jet-ski randomly throughout the summer. How does the drive differ when your towing?

I dunno guess thats it at the moment, i'm sure more will arise...
Modified by Irish Death at 11:34 AM 10/8/2008

mstrmstr
Car: Venom Red ROGUE 08...and 4 others

Dunno bout the other stuff but do know my Rogue tows 700 lbs without even noticing the utility trailer is behind me. I use a tubular class three from Qualified and I like the fit and finish. 2" receiver. Cost is 109 or so for the metal and under 50 for the wiring.. See the related towing posts.Most of where I live is flat as a pancake.

philipa_240sx

Irish Death wrote:So after going through several test drives, and going to do an all day test drive on a 09 Rogue SL AWD Premium Package this saturday, I need to know some things.

1. Is there a way to disable the speed-sense auto lock (damn annoying)
It's a new feature on the '09's, the '08's didn't have it. Currently there is no method to disable. It's computer controlled and unlike some domestics, recent Nissan computers (and ECUs) cannot be reprogrammed.

Quote »2. I live in Washington State, I currently drive an 06 Maliboo Maxx (Yes i know its Malibu). With That i Drive over Snoqualmie 2x a month, so needless to say I put on about 30000 miles a year. My question is how does the rogue perform uphill, i don't want weak acceleration up a hill. [/quote]The 2.5l motor in the Rogue has alot of low-end torque. At 180lb-ft it's as much as some small V-6's. I've never heard of a Rogue being 'gutless'.

Quote »3. What is the thing you hate/Don't Like the most about the Rogue?[/quote]I don't have any major gripe. There are small issues like the drivers side wiper doesn't clean right to the edge of windshield, lack of automatic headlights, and rear visibility isn't the best.

Quote »4. Has anyone approached any aftermarket performance/accessories places to see if they would be more willing to make parts for the Rogue, I've done this several times with my 85 Supra, we do group buys to Vendors that normally don't make items for that car, but if you get 25+ people (depending on item, occassionally we've had to get 50-100 people) they will make that item for the car. Has anyone done this?[/quote]No one has tried yet. The Supra has a larger tuner following. The Rogue being a CUV, will not get much aftermarket support so if you want stuff you have to make it happen.

I would keep an eye on aftermarket parts for the '07-08 Sentra. Some of the engine mods (header, cams. etc) would likely be interchangeable.

Quote »5. If I start making a CAI kit what is the interest? I have some good fabrication connections and would like to see parts get made for a car I'll be driving.[/quote]Myself personally? No thanks. But I am sure there are others.

Quote »6. I know they are based on the same platform as the Altima, has anyone checked (and I mean REALLY COMPARED SIDE TO SIDE) some of the suspension parts, sway bars, and so on, I realize they are most likely different, but they could be close enough to modify.[/quote]Incorrect. The Rogue is based on the B16 Sentra ('07-08) platform. The suspension however is unique to the Rogue and isn't shared by any other Nissan vehicle. The front end is much higher and has signficantly more travel than the Sentra, the rear is multilink independent which is unique to the Rogue.

It's closest relatives are the Qashqai (UK) and Dualis (Japan)... they are nearly identical except for exterior bodywork and engines. I would see if there is an upgraded or stiffer suspension offered on these vehicles.

Quote »7. Does anyone do any towing with these. And how much? I will be towing a jet-ski randomly throughout the summer. How does the drive differ when your towing?[/quote]I've towed a loaded +1000lb landscape trailer. It tows very nice!

Quote »I dunno guess thats it at the moment, i'm sure more will arise...Modified by Irish Death at 11:34 AM 10/8/2008[/quote]BTW, Welcome to the forum!

minitrucker

Hey irish, i am from vancouver. this rogue will handle every good and it goes great up hills. never have problems. U will like it alot and the AWD is great for the rain:)

Return to “Rogue Forum”