Looking to buy new JX 35

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
Edzo
Car: 2002 & 2004 Infinity I 35 and 2015 QX 60 Hybrid

I am looking to buy a new 6 passenger vehicle. The JX 35 seems like a great vehicle. I also am interested in the Toyota Highlander and GMC Arcadia. Does anyone know if there are any incentives available for JX35? Do you think the price point difference between these models is worth it? ANy insights would be appreciated.

alloveru
Car: 2013 - JX35
2011 - loaded suburb outback aka garbage

I use to be a GM person (2000 grand am, 2002 grand prix, 2005 torrent), then I switched over to Nissan for 2 vehicles (2008 rogue, 2010 murano), and now on my second Infiniti (2011 ex35 and now the 2013 JX35). As you can see I switch cars frequently so I want the most out of my vehicles. The only issue I have ever had with my Nissans was the Rogues transmission, it was the first model year and you could tell. Luckily, Nissan owned up to it and bought me out of the Rogue and gave me a great deal on a Murano. From there I went to Infiniti. And LOVE them. the fit and finish is far superior then any other manufactures. inc BMW, Audi. very disappointed with them when I test drove those. I have a general dislike for Toyota, personally think they are over priced garbage... in my opinion.
I switch from the EX to JX cause we are have a second child next month and needed something bigger. I am a little disappointed in the "power" of the engine, they should have went with a bigger engine, it is a little weak at times, but it is a family vehicle so I shouldn't be pushing it like I was with the EX35. Get the JX!

Edzo

Thx I agree the Infinity is a good quality vehicle. I was also wondering if there are any incentives to buy now?

alloveru
Car: 2013 - JX35
2011 - loaded suburb outback aka garbage

when I bought in March they had the free Theatre Package.
The infiniti website is good at listing it out the current incentives. But with some negotiation skills you can generally get that out of the dealer anyways!

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

The JX is selling well, I wouldn't expect too much as far as incentives, but they should be able to knock off a few thousand off the price for you. GOOD LUCK!

Edzo

Thx everyone for your input

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

I should add, the JX35 is a class of its own when it comes to smoothness, and how quiet it is while driving. It is AMAZING!!!!

Jesse101
Car: Infinity JX 2013

not too sure if this is too late or not. But i know that Nissan and infinity were doing some military deals. For instance some were leaving off the lot 1000 under (publicized) invoice. JX35 has been ok so far. the lane departure modes and warnings, collision assist, auto wipers auto cruise control ect..work OK, but i have been finding myself disabling everything, was in traffic and sometimes the lanes are broken up, found the car braking on me almost getting me into an accident. the automatic windshield wipers at times arent on point, we went through a big thunderstorm and they were in slow mode (not sure why when i had them in auto maxed out), my lights dimmed (no idea why) all at the same time i started to get glare on my windshield. I am going to purchase some rainX and apply inside and out and see how well that works out. but that experience alone almost wanted me to toss a grenade.

ECO mode seems to work well, got 26MPG average from a 200 mile trip. its rated 18-23, but that is what my dash is saying.

Sport mode works even better for performance. Rides smooth, but see if you can find one with a tow package already with. They do sell after markets (which i have and installed) and the stock OEM hitch is ok, but the OEM package is pricey after the fact.

Check your car totally after purchase if you do decide to buy it, the damn dealership left me with a black smudge right above my head, dealership came up with some BS saying they ran out of cleaning liquid. cant get the s*** out...

dont fall for the extended warranty ordeal. One thing they talked me into was the interior and exterior protector crap they applied after i purchased..going to call them to see how they will handle the black smudge over my head as they are guaranteed to keep my interior from getting stained, which i might call BS on their part after i go ahead and contact them here shortly. I will provide an update if they do much of anything.

I think there has been a TSB or recalls in regards to the fuel gauge and some trim on the exterior roof. The fuel gauge was inaccurately judging the amount you had left in your fuel tank. I might call the dealership and give them my VIN to see if my vin falls within those TSB's or recalls.

Last but not least, the so called USB video player. What use is it for me to hook up my phone when i cant play movies off of it for the rear? They have some links or converters to convert your AVI files to be able to play...but WTF ever happened to MP4? all a pain in the ***. Now i got DVD's flopping around in the JX cause the USB port will make you sit at home and convert movie files for 8 hours just so it can be used. So basically all of the USB ports are my in place car chargers for our Iphones...nothing more, nothing less.

Overall its a nice mid size SUV, would call it a cross over, but its bigger than that. It does have luxury and comfort, but it all comes at a cost. In comparison to other makes and models, Range rover, Acura MDX, Lexus GX 460, Benz..it can compete with the best of them. Is it worth 50k+? all depends, a toyota 4runner can do whatever this JX could, BUT it wont have the same interior and gadgets. It is what it is.

Edzo

It is not to late. I have put off purchase until this weekend. My computer crashed and I could not reply to this post. Thx for the insight it will be helpful. Test drove the JX and think it is great.

Edzo

Just a late follow up. We put off buying the JX but eventually bought a QX hybrid. Took a while to get use to the engine not making noise at stop lights ...etc.. However I drove from SW Fl to MA in it and averaged 31.4 miles per gallon. Consider the vehicle was packed to the ceiling with personal items and I pushed the speed limit beyond what was legal, 70 in Fl. I believe utilizing the automatic speed control substantially all of the time was the major contributor to the high mpg. The vehicle gets a thumbs up for the mileage alone. But the modern conveniences leave my old 02 and 04 I35 s in the dust.

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”