Looking To Buy A Z With Flood Damage

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
islandtuner242
Car: 1990 Nissan 300zx N/A 2+2 SOLD!!!
2003 Infiniti G35

ok im in the market of purchasing a 370z but it has water/flood damage so first things first i need an entirely new wire harness for sure and possible a new engine/ecu so i was wondering if anybody knew of any other things that i may need that i might have missed out it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance...................

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

The only reason I'd ever tell someone it was ok to buy a flood damaged car was if they were planning on gutting it and making it a track only car. Wiring harness and engine/ECU are just the beginning...seats, carpet, ac/heater there's just too much to fix & replace to make it really viable as a cheap daily. It may cheap to buy one, but I've never it cheap to fix one.

I've had a fistful of friends think they were getting a deal on a flood damaged vehicle (most of it was post-Katrina stuff) and only one was happy - he bought a flood damaged pickup as a temp work truck for his farm until he could find and afford what he really wanted. As soon as he found what he really wanted he just junked the flood titled truck.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”