Looking For Weatherstripping Seals Part Numbers

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
zx2max
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35X

Each morning my 2006 M35X has massive amount of condensation on the inside of the windows. I'm guessing it's because I have torn up the weather stripping on the body side of the weatherstripping on the doors. I used to put kayaks on the roof of my car and ran tie down straps through the door jams. Which has tore them up pretty bad over the years. I have since bought a truck to transport by kayaks but the damage has already been done. I've been trying to find replacements but the search function on the Infiniti Parts website is terrible. Does anyone have the part numbers or links for the weatherstripping for the body side of both front driver and passenger?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

LHF: 80831-EG09A (out of production, Amayama has Japan stock)
RHF: 80830-EG09A
LHR: 82831-EG00A (out of production, Amayama has Japan and UAE stock)
RHR: 82830-EG00A

You won't like the prices for any of them. The front gaskets should be pretty malleable, you can probably rotate them 90 or 180 degrees and put some heat on them to relocate the damaged sections away from the top of the frame. The rear ones are molded and secured with clips, so only new ones will fix you up.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

That's for the door weatherstrips. The inner body welts are:
LHF/RHF: 76922-EH19A
LHR: 76924-EG010 (out of production, Amayama has Japan stock)
RHR: 76923-EG010 (out of production, Amayama has Japan stock)
Same deal with the front welts, you can probably rotate them. Rears are split, so probably not.

zx2max

VStar650CL - Thank you so much for the part numbers and the tip on trying to rotate and heat it. And you are right. I do not like the price on them. Holy crap they are expensive. If I have to replace them I am asking Santa for them. Hopefully he will bring a 41yo adult a present. I swear I've been a good boy. lol. Otherwise, I'm checking the local junk yards.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The JY's are probably a good bet, Nissan uses a whole lot of very similar materials in the welts that are just dimensioned differently for different models. So at least for the welts, you may be able to find ones from a larger vehicle like a Pathy or Armada that are the right width and can be cut down in length. You can usually hide a cut in a welt underneath the sill plate without compromising the sealing and letting water into the car. Good luck with it, post back how you make out!

zx2max

I was able to score some weatherstrips that were in great shape from ebay for about $40 each. However, after installing them I continue to get a bunch of water on the floor of the rear passenger side. The floor is fairly dry under the front passenger seat and also dry on near the "hump" in the middle as well as near the door kickplate. So I am kind of stumped where the water is coming from. I really thought it was the weatherstrip because the top was shredded to hell but maybe water is getting in somewhere else. Any thoughts on next steps to find the water entry point?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Most Nissan-built bodies tend to have floorpans tilted slightly to the rear, so having water in the back doesn't mean the water is entering in the back. Does it have a sunroof? If so, next step is check the drains. If not, your bad seals may have caused one or more door drains to clog up. Those are slots or holes at the very base of each door, usually two or three each. People often don't even know they're there, but when they get blocked the door will accumulate water which will overflow through the service holes behind the trim panel. Other possibilities are a cracked body seam or bad windshield seal. Windshields always leak down the A-pillars or the firewall, so feeling around on the firewall padding will often lead you to the area of the leak.

zx2max

VStar650CL, Thank you for the wealth of information. I will check all of the above this weekend and let you know how I make out.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”