Looking for the perfect M56xS...

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
mgallo
Car: Still searching for my first M...

Hi all. Brand new to NICO. Don't even have a car yet. That's the problem.

Been searching for two months with no luck. My perfect ride would be 2011 M56xS, black (either), Graphite interior INCLUDING black headliner, Premium, Technology and Sport Touring packages are musts and Aero kit would be a huge bonus. Oh, accident free is a must too.

I'm beginning to think what I want doesn't exist. Found a number without AWD or non-S and found several 2013's, but too spendy yet. 2011 with 30-40k miles would be perfect. Isn't it time for 36-39 month leases to expire? Could possibly even swing a 2012 for the right price. I'll go anywhere in the US to get it. Could be a nice road trip for me and my baby to get acquainted.

Anybody know where I can find my dream car? I'll gladly post a picture of it when I get it. ;)

Update :wtf2:
Well crud, now looking at the 2011 and 2012 pricing guides on M56club.com it looks like what I'm searching for is like Godzilla - awesome, but mythical and doesn't really exist. They do not appear to have offered the Sport Package on the M56x until 2013 (when I know they did because there is one for sale right now about 10 miles from me, but for $50k). Can anyone confirm?

http://www.m56club.com/2011-infiniti-m56-pricing.html
http://www.m56club.com/pdf/2012_Infiniti_M56_MSRP.pdf

White-Rush
Car: 06 M35S - Sold
11 M37S - Ran hard and sold
16 Q70S

Yeah, I'm fairly certain that the M56xS were not available for 2011. So you will probably have to go up to model year 2013 or later. Or you will have to settle for a standard M56x.

Al B
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37X

Hi M-Gallo,
I had a similar situation as I had I budget I wanted to adhere to for a 2011 M37X, $30,000.
There were plenty of them but they had more mileage than what I wanted or had been in some sort of accident or were basically cars that had "hard miles" on them, in short beat up cars. I also wanted the "Deluxe Touring Package and Premium Package" (all M37/M56 models have the premium package). I tried the Technology Package" and found it to be nothing more than fancy technology that costs a lot that I'll never use. In short I stuck to my guns and found a dealer with a 2011 M37X with the "Premium Package" and Deluxe Touring Package" and I saved money because of opting out of searching for the "Technology Package" option. The car had only 24,000 miles and the dealer was asking for $32,900. I emailed them if the car was in as good condition as the pictures show it to be, I'll come by today and take it for $29,900 and they accepted the offer. Sometimes if you lowball an asking price but commit to buying it on the spot if it's the car you're looking for a seller will take less because it's a quick and easy sale.
Obviously there's a lot less M56's out there but you could broaden your selection if you could convince yourself you don't need the "Technology Package". That option is fun to show off to your friends but I would bet almost all drivers wouldn't use it. I tried it early in my search and it's annoying to say the least and decided I don't want it.
I think the "Sport Package" has lower profile tires on 20" wheels. If you live in the Northeast or anywhere in a snowbelt region where roads are loaded with pothole/craters (I live in NJ and our roads are horrible)
you'll regret paying for a car with that option also. I've heard the M's with the "Sport Package" and or low profile tires with the 20" wheels ride way too hard for a luxury car. You could always put a nice set of aftermarket 18" wheels with a nice set of touring tires (to replace the standard Infinti 18" wheels) that will give you sporty handling without shaking the car loose everytime you hit a bump.
In short I guess 'mI trying to say is you could broaden your selection to search by not looking for a car with some options you ultimately regret or may never use.
Then again if you already know you want and need the "Technology Package" and the "Sport Package" with 20" wheels then stick to your guns and eventually as more cars come off lease one of your choice will pop up. I just takes longer because you're looking for a rare car.
Good Luck!

wideopn11
Car: 2012 Infiniti M37x Moonlight White

Takeda CAI
Stillen exhaust w/ MeganRacing Y-pipe
SCALE coilovers 16K/10K F/R
Akebono BBK
Cusco strutbar
25mm spacers F/R
Uprev tune by seymore4

Yeah no sport package on awd til 2013...just look for an awd at a good price and then add the wheels or aero package later. Have you driven the M37? 330 hp is no slouch. You might get more of what you want if you give up the extra 90 hp.

Frog
Car: 2011 M56s

You never said your budget. My car is always for sale if the price is right.

2011 m56s graphite, black interior. 20k miles. With out technology package.
Keep looking the m56s is a perfect car style lux and power. don't get the m37, one less mpg for way more hp and torque it's worth it every time I drive it.

The 4 wheel steering is fun. I forget about it until the dealer gives me a g37 with out it, and I take a turn at 75mph

And like others have said the tech package is a nuance.

Good luck in your quest. It look me 2 months to find this one, but your going to have it for years so get the car that you want !!!!!

wideopn11

Takeda CAI
Akebono BBK
Cusco strutbar
25mm spacers F/R
Uprev tune by seymore4

Frog wrote:You never said your budget. My car is always for sale if the price is right.

2011 m56s graphite, black interior. 20k miles. With out technology package.
Keep looking the m56s is a perfect car style lux and power. don't get the m37, one less mpg for way more hp and torque it's worth it every time I drive it.

The 4 wheel steering is fun. I forget about it until the dealer gives me a g37 with out it, and I take a turn at 75mph

And like others have said the tech package is a nuance.

Good luck in your quest. It look me 2 months to find this one, but your going to have it for years so get the car that you want !!!!!
I would like to see a supercharger fitted to the M37. STILLEN 500+HP VQ37 Supercharger System - 370Z / G37...

Frog
Car: 2011 M56s

Yes, don't get me wrong, the m37 is a wonderful car. And great power, just the torque the v8 provides is fun. And if his $ ability afords the v8 then by all means get one.

I mean no disrespect to all the m37 owners out there it's a super car as well.

mgallo

Thanks guys. I have driven both models and 330hp is no slouch, to be sure, but more is always better in my opinion.

A few more questions that might help.

1. Does anyone have any experience with the RWD car in the snow? I would put snow tires on it with probably 18" wheels. My RWD 710i was great in the snow.
2. I live in MN and our roads are horrible too. does anybody have experience (even second hand) with the 20" wheels? I read that they rode pretty rough too but I test drove one last weekend and it seemed fine to me.
3. I really dig the black headliner I've seen with some S models (interestingly, not all of them). How difficult would it be to swap all that out if I found a car that had everything else? I've seen several cars equipped this way (Alpina B7, VW GLI Autobahn, Cadillac ATS Performance/CTS-V, Infiniti M56xS, BMW M5, Buick GS) and it's really sharp.

I would like to hold out for the M56Xs, only problem is they are like $47k-$52k still which is outside my budget. Thinking about getting a 2011 M37 and keeping it for two years until the car I really want is three years old with ~30k miles and then trade up. Would just need to decide if I want the X or the S since I can't have both. If I get the RWD I would have two years to decide if I really need AWD.

mgallo

Frog - you got some pictures? I'm really shooting for Obsidian or Malbec Black, but you never know. Oh, and you are in the US, yes? I'll got to CA, NY or FL, but not UK. :biggrin:

wideopn11

Takeda CAI
Akebono BBK
Cusco strutbar
25mm spacers F/R
Uprev tune by seymore4

Honestly I hated the 18" base wheels with 245/50 tires. 50 series is just too tall. I absolutely love the 20" sport wheels with 245/40 tires. I wouldn't go any lower than 40 series tires though. I don't feel like the ride is harsh at all. It's more accurate and handling is much improved over the base wheels. The traction control in these cars is good. (Almost too good) even turned off it's still sorta there. As long as you don't drive like a moron in the snow you should be ok for the most part. I got awd for the same thought process that it could be better for bad weather but then I just don't take it out if the garage when it snows. My next car will likly be rwd in several years. Come on Eau Rouge!

mgallo

Alright, I think I found it today. I opted to sacrifice AWD for the Sport Package. Worst case, Infiniti traction control (with winter wheels) stinks and I have to trade it for a x. It also doesn't have the black headliner, but I have a very reputable, highly recommended upholstery shop in town that I will check with on Monday. Hopefully, in a week I will be able to update my profile with a new picture. :cool:

http://www.sewellinfiniti-dallas.com/Ve ... 2240073133

InfinitiM56S

Hi Mgallo
I currently own 2011 M56S with 31,565 miles, white w/ black inside, has all the options available for that year, extended warrantly 7yrs/100,000 pumper-to-pumper, 22-inch Ruff racing wheels, tinted windows, 3M-clear bra, professsionally installed 2 DVD head-rests screen w/ wireless headphones, Stillen exhaust package installed by dealer, extra lighting inside installed by dealer as well, have all service records. I am reading to put on craiglist for sell or willing to trade with someone who have Honday Odessey since I am expecting 2 second child this coming Oct. if you are interested call me at 206-979-9591. This is in the best M56S in the country. I will post some pictures so you can see it yourself.

Tony37x
Car: 2013 G37x

mgallo wrote:Alright, I think I found it today. I opted to sacrifice AWD for the Sport Package. Worst case, Infiniti traction control (with winter wheels) stinks and I have to trade it for a x. It also doesn't have the black headliner, but I have a very reputable, highly recommended upholstery shop in town that I will check with on Monday. Hopefully, in a week I will be able to update my profile with a new picture. :cool:

http://www.sewellinfiniti-dallas.com/Ve ... 2240073133
Kinda bringing this thread back from the dead, but did you ever seal the deal? I just started entertaining the idea of a CPO M56xS after I return my 2nd G37x in September.

I was kinda shocked on the amazing value a CPO M56 has in it, new they are kinda out of my ballpark, but lightly used with a nice CPO warranty and $30K off MSRP is awesome! :woot:

Check out this beauty I found, only thing better for me would be if it was Moonlight White, but either way it's too early in the year for me.....at least I know they are out there! :yesnod

http://www.infinitihoffman.com/inventor ... r4dm590138

Altered
Car: 2013 Infiniti M37x

Old thread but so what. That link! That's an amazing price for a 56xS, with 17K. Makes me wonder how a car that starts out at around 70K loses its value so fast.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Altered wrote:Old thread but so what. That link! That's an amazing price for a 56xS, with 17K. Makes me wonder how a car that starts out at around 70K loses its value so fast.
That's why, unless I'm a CEO somewhere (I'm only 27 so have my whole career ahead of me), I will NEVER buy a premium luxury car brand new. I will only buy them after a lease turn in. You literally can save 50% like I did. Got my M for $25k after trade-in and it retailed new for like $62k I think.

mike_of_earth
Car: 2011 M56S

Took me 3 months of searching before I purchase my M56S. Went back and forth on AWD, and spent a few months looking at CTS-V's too, but the value you get from Infiniti is unmatched.

Even if I were a CEO, I wouldn't buy a new luxury car... it's just an unbelievable waste of $

I want a SUPERCHARGER!

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

My 2 pence regarding:

Resale value ... Resale value on used cars has a lot to do with consumer perception on brand. Infiniti has not been around for anything close to the years of Mercs or BMs. Infiniti adverts do NOT constantly hammer the words 'reliability' or 'quality' and therefore are not widely known for either (although nothing is farther from the truth). Luxury car buyers including ones that buy used luxury vehicles want to convey to others that they are very successful. Jag, Mercedes, BMW, Land Rover and Lexus in consumers minds define success. Infiniti doesn't advertise this way and therefore Infiniti is not 'perceived' this way. That perception will change over time long as Infiniti stays at or near the cutting edge for gadgetry and quality. But for now, I see this as a HUGE buyer's advantage when it comes to Infiniti. You get (in my opinion) great reliability and quality at a great price on a used Infiniti and I would stack my Infiniti against the same year Merc or BM any day of the week.

Buying new Vs used ... I actually AM a CEO (of my own small company just under 100 employees) and I have the option of my company either leasing a vehicle or paying me an allowance towards my vehicle. But I don't practice capitalism the way most do today, so I don't spend it's profits lavishly on myself. (Mind you, I am generous with mine and every employee's salary but only to a degree). Instead of having my company lease say a fully tarted 760iL for $1,900 monthly for me, my I.T. guru, my CFO, etc, my company pays the complete cost of group health care for a single employee (and the equivalent discount towards family coverage) for all other employees. The payback for this and other perks is happier employees, higher morale, and highest quality results instead of having a few status symbols parked in the 'reserved' spots in front of the building.
Having bought an Escalade ESV Platinum only to have it destroyed in an accident before it's second oil change and suffering the loss of my huge down payment, etc I learned the hard way that buying 'new' is more of a caprice than it is a financially sound practice. Even my dad, an executive at Bentley for 30+ years has always owned an Arnage-T or Mulsanne, but never purchased new.

Tony37x
Car: 2013 G37x

Altered wrote:Old thread but so what. That link! That's an amazing price for a 56xS, with 17K. Makes me wonder how a car that starts out at around 70K loses its value so fast.
SOLD as of yesterday.... Great Buy for somebody out there... :rolleyes:

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”