Looking for recommendations.

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
gabrielRX81
Car: 2014 Nissan Versa Note
2011 Nissan Quest LE

I have a 2014 Nissan VersaNote and it started to give me random trouble starting two years ago. The body control module went bad, the A.C. Blower motor died, the A.C. now leaks (and no one can find the leak), the transmission is sticking in low gear, the radiator fan died.
Seems like everything went bad as soon as the warranty expired. I like to keep my cars as long as I can and drive-the-miles-out-of-it as my dad used to say.
But I'm feeling like I got a lemon.

I figured one list of questions would be better than filling the forum with several different posts. so here goes.

1. Is there an app (iOs for iphone) to work with a wifi OBD reader that is good and won't break the bank? Carista for example wants an annual subscription.

2. Is there a good place to get complete shop manuals? I have a 2014 VersaNote and a 2011 Quest, can't find accurate shop manuals that are complete...Haynes sucks.. and after researching that eManualsOnline download site I'm looking elsewhere..found nothing so far.

3. A recommendation for custom fit seat covers, (if anyone has actually bought them)

DizzyKitty
Car: 2000 Maxima SE- in pieces in yard...
2014 Versa Note - Wife's vroom vroom machine

For obd scanners, I think BlueDriver is your best bet for smartphone compatibility. Or you could just go to Autozone every time you get a light they will read your codes for free and can even print them off for you- free of charge.

If you don't like Haynes manuals, try Chilton repair manuals. I have Haynes for my maxima and Chilton for my Accord. They both contain the same info, but written a bit different. I would get at least one of them for the torque specs. Don't forget you can always ask the forum for help with repair procedures.

Sorry to hear your about your car troubles, good luck!

2019Versafan
Car: 2019 Versa S

So sorry to hear about your troubles. I had a 2012 Versa sedan that all I had to do the first 5 years was put gas and oil in it. Very reliable. Unfortunately, I think your lemon hunch might be right. It just might be better to cut your loses and go with something newer as the parts you listed as having failed aren't exactly cheap to replace. By the time you add it all up, that could be a down payment on something newer. I liked my 2012 Versa sedan so well that I now have a 2019 and I'm hoping for the same success. I notice a little more refinement in my 2019 vs my 2012 so that hopefully should help. The sedan does seem to be the more popular version and is now all that's available for 2020. Maybe it's had a better reliability track record as the Versa has done pretty well in various reliability studies that I've seen and actually runs ahead of some of the better known competitors in it's class. Hope you're able to find a solution that works for you.

Tutti57
Car: ???

Torque Pro is only $5 and does everything you will need. You just need a bluetooth obd2 dongle, which you can get for another $10 on amazon. Just go with any one with good reviews. As for shop manuals, all of the good ones are online now. Mitchell has a DIY style one that you can get for for a day or a few weeks I think for a small fee and is as close to the factory manual as you will get. Alldata probably has a DIY style one as well.

Return to “Versa General Chat”