Looking for R32 in U.S 4 sale.

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
cnichols
Car: 96 Nissan 240SX, 99 Infiniti Q45, 93 Ford Fastiva

I'll say again....I'm in Kentucky :D

Very few people here even know what my 240 is.

Sami

cnichols wrote:I'll say again....I'm in Kentucky :D
You do know what a Sony Playstation is over there in Kentucky? :)

cnichols

True, true, but how many people that would be involved in legalizing my "kit car" actually play video games is the question.

I think I would eventually find a county that wouldn't hassle me.

Sami

cnichols wrote:True, true, but how many people that would be involved in legalizing my "kit car" actually play video games is the question.
Legalizing it as a kit car might work but does it prevent you from getting caught afterwards? I'm no legal expert but something tells me what you'd be doing would be illegal.

cnichols

Caught by whom? especially if it's registered, insured, and has a VIN #?

Sami

cnichols wrote:Caught by whom? especially if it's registered, insured, and has a VIN #?
I can think of quite a few scenarios, especially ones involving insurance companies. You might want to talk to your lawyer about this, he'd be a lot more help than I ever will. :)

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

You guys don't seem to understand that legalizing a car is not a state government thing. It is a federal thing. I don't care what state you live in, all states are equally as hard to legalize a car in (with the exception of the Republic of California). I don't care if you are in Chicago, Atlanta, Bowling Green, or even a farm in the middle of Wyoming. It's all the same process.

For the kit car stuff, it is *illegal* to import a Skyline as a kit car. I don't care how you do it. Read http://www.epa.gov/otaq/imports/kitcar.htm

Specifically, the following statement...which is off the EPA website itself, not some B.S. wannabe pro-motorex site.

The production, sale and importation of vehicle parts (engines, transmissions, chassis, vehicle bodies, etc.) are not regulated by EPA because parts are not considered motor vehicles under the Clean Air Act. However if the parts constitute a disassembled vehicle or an approximate disassembled vehicle, the combination is considered a motor vehicle under the Clean Air Act. Any attempt to use this policy to circumvent the Clean Air Act or the Imports regulations will be considered a violation of the Clean Air Act and will be strictly enforced. An example of such circumvention is:

A kit car maker who also provides the engine and transmission before or after production/importation of the body/chassis.

And also...

Except with regard to kit vehicles meeting the guidelines at "2" above; an individual or firm that assembles kits for hire or resale, that produces assembled kit cars for resale or that produces complete kit car packages for resale will be considered to be a manufacturer of new motor vehicles under the Clean Air Act. Such manufacturers and their vehicles are subject to all applicable regulations under the Act including civil penalties of up to $25,000 per vehicle for each new motor vehicle distributed in commerce, sold, offered for sale, or introduced, or delivered for introduction, into commerce, unless such vehicle is covered by a certificate of conformity issued by EPA.

xxx

Have a black R32 GTS. RB20 5-speed. $7500. Sold for off-road use only.

Sami

xxx wrote:Have a black R32 GTS. RB20 5-speed. $7500. Sold for off-road use only.
Damn, that's a lot of money for 155hp 10 year old car. Even if it was registered for road use.

Shipping to here was propably more than the car cost in Japan?

xxx

Please check your specs, but I have seen 215hp for that engine (RB20DET).

Sami

xxx wrote:Please check your specs, but I have seen 215hp for that engine (RB20DET).
That would be a GTS-T, not GTS.

http://www.skylinesdownunder.c....html

xxx

Yes it is a GTS-T, but I am not sure why I am even discussing this with you.

Sami

xxx wrote:Yes it is a GTS-T, but I am not sure why I am even discussing this with you.
You said you're selling a GTS, not a GTS-T. You might want to correct that to your other possible sales ads on different forums.

xxx

Thx, but this was the only place I put it, and I figure if someone is interested, they will contact for details.

SmithSR
Car: 240sx

xxx, if you're placing ads for your car, please do so in the buy/sell/trade section...after you decide what model you have. Might be a good idea to include pictures also. This is the wrong forum to offer your car for sale.

-Phil:rant

gsxtasee
Car: racing anything and everything

my friend is looking to sell his R32 GTS-T with RB26... it's quick and fun as hell with RWD.

CrazyJAson

cnichols

How much...and has it been legalized?

gsxtasee
Car: racing anything and everything

will ask how much, and yes, it came from Moterex. it has tags, he has about 5 tickets in it and I have one still pending :-) totally legal. Car is in SoCal.

Monk

we will have a r32 in stock within the next few months. also there are many ways to get around the legalization bs but you have to have connections. if anyone is interested pm me. also we can get any spec you would like but will only be stocking a 32 in chicago at the moment

jdmfreak

How much?

Shin_Kudo

gsxtasee wrote:my friend is looking to sell his R32 GTS-T with RB26... it's quick and fun as hell with RWD.

CrazyJAson

Woah. I realize this post was about two weeks ago, but is he still selling the car? I'm in SoCal myself, and I've always wanted a Skyline. I'd been considering buying a GTS from Motorex, but I see the possibility of a sale here. Can you please send me the info?

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”