Looking for help, Rear Stabilizer Question

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
YorhaBoy
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Hey guys, I really hate to be that guy who's first time posting here is asking for help but no matter where I look, I can't find the item I'm looking for.

I recently bought a G35. It was in very bad condition, but being one of my favorite cars, I think it will be a fun journey to bring it back to life. The car was used for racing, it's lowered and the previous owner seems to have bumped into every railing they saw. Lots of exterior work is needed and a ton of work underneath. I've already replaced the front bumper, bought some fender flares and a ton of parts like a new exhaust, sway bar, battery etc.

The problem I'm running into is with the rear stabilizer bar and exhaust. The previous owner replaced the factory exhaust system but that exhaust was scraped to all hell and has holes in it.
I wanted to go back to dual exhaust as I like the look but I didn't have the biggest budget and my priority is getting this thing drivable.

I bought this exhaust HI-POWER 4.5"BURNT TIP RACING FULL CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM FOR 350Z/G35 Z33 VQ35 (title on ebay)

(couldn't post link) here is the manufacturer part code:
KOS-CBE350ZG35D

I also needed a new rear stabilizer bar. I bought one but it wouldn't fit over the exhaust. With the angle, the left pipe of the new exhaust could go through but the right pipe and bar clash.
I ended up buying another rear bar OEM because I thought it would work and it looked like it would fit in the picture.. I'm not the most intelligent car guy, forgive me :frown: (one day)

So after searching and searching.. I can not find a rear stabilizer bar that will fit with this exhaust. It needs to allow both pipes to get through. My mechanic hasn't actually tried putting it on yet with the OEM bar but after lining it all up he says that it will not fit. Seeing as he has been working on cars for the last 30 years I'm taking his word for it.

Does anyone have experience with something like this or maybe can help me find a rear stabilizer bar that will fit my 2004 infiniti G35 Coupe base???
If not, I appreciate you taking the time to read this!

ca18det_boy

Ebay parts are always a gamble. I would either get another exhaust from a more reputable vendor or make the the exhaust fit with the sway bar. More often than not you'll end up spending more money trying to make something kind of work than if you were to just get the right parts from the start. Another option you could do is look through your local craigslist and see if anyone has a stock exhaust system they're selling. That would be the cheapest route and you know that it will be compatible with other OEM parts.

YorhaBoy
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe

ca18det_boy wrote:Ebay parts are always a gamble. I would either get another exhaust from a more reputable vendor or make the the exhaust fit with the sway bar. More often than not you'll end up spending more money trying to make something kind of work than if you were to just get the right parts from the start. Another option you could do is look through your local craigslist and see if anyone has a stock exhaust system they're selling. That would be the cheapest route and you know that it will be compatible with other OEM parts.
Thank you for the tip!!

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”